"For Quintino": He asked for some ITALIAN food/drinks,
*
Imagine that you sit here on a table, made up well" with a candle and some breath and make yourself comfortable, pretend there is a burning candle, take a glass of water or a glass of Italian LAMBRUSCO red wine.........and there you goooooo.....
*
WITH Italian cookery , you need for sure TOMATOES!!!! So look at the photo under:The little tomatoes are called "cherry tomatoes" The above bigger ones "the regular tomato's" are shaped oval or round and they must be a little more fleshy and SWEET!
Brushetta,
*
Italians are used to a pre- meal, the easy and Quick PRE-meal is called "brushetta", Very easy to make because you need only the following ingredients:
*
Italians are used to a pre- meal, the easy and Quick PRE-meal is called "brushetta", Very easy to make because you need only the following ingredients:
*Bread, regular tomatoes, olive oil, salt, basil, oregano,
*(add a little fruit to it 'when you like that', such as pineapple or apple)
*and for on the side some green/black olives.
*
Preparation:
It depends for how many persons, but count per person 1 BIG slice of white bread, toast the slices of bread in a toaster or in a (dry) pan on a low fire until they are crispy and brown coloured.
In the meanwhile prepare the tomatoes by cutting them very fine, stirr them in a pan add some olive oil and basil and make it slightly warm (do not cook!), (for people who like it,you can add some garlic) when the tomatoes are warm, add them on top of the bread, serve warm with a glass of wine. ( or a glass of water or beer)
*
_______________________________
CHERRY TOMATOES from the Sicilian Kitchen,
STUFFED WITH RICE.
INGREDIENTS (FOR 4 PERSONS)
*1kg of ripe cherry tomatoes,
*200gr of rice,
*200 gr of bechamel sauce (see sauces)
*50 gr of grated parmesan (Italian hard cheese)
*1 sprig of basil,
*olive oil, salt.
________________________________
PREPERATION
*
* WASH the cherry tomatoes, dry them, scoop out the middle, and put the pulp into a small bowl.*COOK the rice in plenty of salted water,*DRAIN when it is just done and mix in the becamel and the grated parmesan,*FILL the cherry tomatoes with the mixture obtained,*PLACE the pulp in a dish with a little oil, salt, and some chopped basil leaves. Put the tomatoes into the dish and cook the oven at 180 C for 30 minutes.*REMOVE the dish from the oven and place a cheese slice on top of each tomato,*RETURN to the oven for 5 minutes and serve hot.
*
Bon apetite! Cheers!!!!
Eet smakelijk & Proost!
*
And ...... let me know if you like the above pre-meals.




28 comments:
GMJ and I make the first dish often I will try the second it sounds very good. thanks for sharing. I don't like wine so I'll take a good beer or some water thanks.
T
Yes the stuffed Cherry Tomatoes sound like fun to make, a group project!
Ziet er heel lekker uit
Sorry to be a bit late to your incredible Taormina pictures! Just miss the fabulous blue sky views from the top!
Bruschetta is nice; stuffed tomatoes, OK! But I was thinking you're going to treat us with a white Alba truffle omelette... ;)))
Yummy!! Now I'm really hungry.
I'm making Lasagna tonight for dinner. :-)
Thanks for reacting....
*T Of course! Beer is good too, how could I forget to name that:)
*Gm J. Well you could make it for yourself probably? , however its worth a try!:)
*Dick heb je het al eens gegeten?:)
*OKAY GMG I'll see if I can help you with "a white Alba truffle omelette", I never ate it ut who knows:)
*Hmmm Happyone, LASAGNA is great to eat to! Bon Apetite!! :)
I hope you all enjoy to see/read a recipe for a change, but its something I try out, if you do NOT like cooking, just enjoy to look at the photographs!
:) JoAnn
Have a good day/evening!!
Ummmmm...I love them all an I'm hungry for lunch right now so I may have to stop and make something with tomatoes.
GRumbbbbble!!! That was my tummy grumbling to be taken care of .....:)
I love tomatoes and keep playing around with them in my kitchen :)
My mouth is watering all over the keyboard!!
Hi ,
*photowannabe, just let me know if I wrote clear enough , could you follow it?
* Hmmm those tomatoes are already passed my stomach, hahaha just wondering what you like to eat , or better HOW you like to eat your tomatoes?
*Cj Good for you, now I j=hope your keyboard stayd dry hahaha but thanks :)
Thanks and Bon apapetaite!!:)
Hey Ms. Joann! Thanks for sharing the recipes to these italian appetizers. Hmmm...delectable! I think I'm gonna try to do that cherry tomatoes w/ rice. Thanks also for leaving a comment in my blog! And also I hope you don't mind that I linked you in my sidebar (The 300 list). As answer to your question I live in southwest of Sweden in the city of Göteborg. Have you been here?
Oh yummy! I especially like the looks of the brushetta.
JoAnn, I think 2 miles might be equal to 3.2 kilometers.
WELCOME BACK, WELCOME BACK, WELCOME BACK! I have lots of catching up to do on the photos from your adventure! THESE photos made my stomach grumble and my mouth water. I'll try both recipes and let you know how it goes. They look--and sound--delicious!
:-) I missed you, and it's great to have you back!
Cheers,
Sparkle
Thanks for serving my favorite kind of food for dinner, my darling! I shall have seconds! :)
tHE PICTURES AND RECIPIES ARE SO DELICIOUS. mUST TRY THEM. tHE CANDLE IS VERY ROMANTIC.
Wow, after reading that I'm drooling all over my keyboard... And you know, I could probably follow your directions and come up with something pretty darned tasty... Sounds really good...
Very nice, I love Italian food (not the red wine though) as it is sometimes very easy to make for great results. The only problem here in Holland is to find the ingredients that actually REALLY taste something. One of my favourite dishes is the "spagghetti alle vongole", ever made it?
WoW...some beautifully captured & composed shots with lovely lighting & the colours & wonderful reading your mouth-watering recipes...Excellent!
JoAnn, my huge friend, now that's talking.
Two italian recipes, wow, one I already knew but as for the second... just feeling like Homer Simpson... tomato... tomates... to... aaaaarrrrghhhhhh... hungry... must eat...
And, just between you and me, with a glass of that Lambrusco red wine... aaaarrgggghhhhh... must eat... or die...
Thank's JoAnn, you are a friend indeed.
A fantastic job you have done here, with th recepies and all...!
I of course love the Italian cuisine, the only problem is that the menus are too heavy (if you wish to really follow the menu) and that they go to table quite early. On vacation, I somehow prefer the Spanish eating hours. What about Sicily: Dining at 7 pm?
must try.
Hey thank you all, thats fun you like al some cookery?
Well That I will do again than, :)
*Daniel, just let me know if you liked it?
*Yeh QUINTINO my friend Cheers, I hope the recept made you happy, that is where friends are fore:)
*Kylian, also bon apetite, let it tast well:)
*Lezard, hmmm spaghetty alla VONGOLE ? Yes of course although I am not a 'past-eater' but its great, I'll see if I can find a recept.
*Donald yes Italian food is very TASTY:) Yummie , try it...:)
*Amrita Imagine that we are sitting there by candel light? You and me talking aboutour lifes and do's and don'ts.... Cheers my friend:)
* OK Fenix there we go, CHEERS and bon apetite:)
* missed you too SPARKLE! I hope it tast's well, also for you my friend BON APETITE!
*DOT you're gret thanks for telling me about miles/kilometers, cheers to you too:)
* MOGLI Noho I have not been there, so your duty (haha) is tellening me here Gotenburg is? Its fine with me that you add a link of my blog, I'll do yours in mine if thats OK?
Thank you all my dear blogfriends, I like sharing a drink (of your choice) with you and say "CHEERS!!" :)
Greetings JoAnn :)
Again, beautiful photos. Love the photos of the tomatoes and food. But then that's one of my favorite things to do, eat. Have a great week-end.
Hi JoAnn, this looks great! I love recipes and even keep a food blog. Hummmm I have friends coming over for dinner this evening... maybe I can fix some bruschetta... we're having codfish risotto...
Wow, this Cherry tomotoes stuffed with rice sounds fabulous, I must try to make this. Thank you for these recipes!
HiThanks again for your enthousiastic reactions,
*Hi patty I hope you enjoyed your weekend /birthday, and when you try one of those please leyt me know, if you like it?
*Cris well thansk and also let me know if you liked it, though you have touse the good bread... I am wondering...
* DustLens (rob) well agin let me know and your very welcom:)
Thanks and Bon apetite everyone:)
JoAnn:)
I think you know that I love tomatoes in any way...yum yum yum...and now you have me craving pineapple ;)
Post a Comment