© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Italy/Taormina- Theatre GRECO


Taormina-Theatre Greco,
On our trip to Italy/Sicilia we stayed in the beautifull old historical village "TAORMINA" , of course we liked to visit the OLD HISTORICAL Theatre GRECO, because we both made many, many photographs, its unable to publice them all, therefore I choose to collect them together into the 2 collages here-under. I am myself aware of the fact that you may like to see more(bigger photograps instaed of a collage), if so.... please let me know (and ask me, tell me please wich photo you want me to enlarge) and I will post the photo of your choice bigger.
(svp Doubleclick on each collage to enlarge!)
*
Wij maakten in TAORMINA samen ontelbaar/vele foto's teveel om allemaal te publiceren, dus ik heb ervoor gekozen om ze in onderstaande 2 collages samen te voegen, (ik weet dat is veel kleier dan ze per stuk publiceren) mocht je een foto uitvergroot willen zien, vraag het dan alsjeblieft(wel erbij vermelden welk/deel van de foto in de collage) ? Dan zal ik de foto van je keus uitvergroot opnieuw publiceren..(SVP DUBBELklik op elke collage dan vergroten ze uit!)



HISTORY of THEATRE GRECO
The Old historic theatre GRECO of Taormina (4 C's before Chr.) is laying in between rocks,the panorama's looking over "the ETNA" and The Ionic sea, (look at the background).The Theatre is Greek origin with a Roman construction. In older times the Arena was used for Gladiator-fights, now-a-days the Theatre is used for music- and art festivals in Taormina.



De HISTORIE van Theater GRECO
Het oude historische Theater GRECO van Taormina (4e eeuw voor Chr) is uit de rotsen gehouwen, en kijkt uit over de "Etna" en de Ionische zee.(Die zie je op de achtergrond) Het Theater zelf is van Griekse oorsprong met een Romeinse constructie, Vroeger werden er Gladiatoren gevechten gehouden, maar wordt het Theater gebruikt voor muziek- en Kunstfestivals in Taormina.
*
Keep following my blog I do post some more (historical) about Sicilia, I'm not done yet with showing you more about beautiful Italy!!!!:)
*
BTW: See post under this one: I've been tagged twice ...
16 facts about me......JoAnn:)
*

21 comments:

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

so much history to explore in certain parts of the world....:)

Anonymous said...

Hi from Sweden! Nice pictures of ruins there. Hope I also can visit that soon! Got to escape from this cold and dark swedish winter. hahaha! Have a nice day!

NorthBayPhoto said...

Beautiful photos! Looks like you had a very wonderful time exploring and having lots of fun.

Thanks for visiting my NorthBayPhoto blog. The cranberry bog is not to far from my house. I’ve biked along the Kate Pace Way to Callander. Cranbery Road is the border line between the city of North Bay & the town of Callander.

isa said...

I think a concert would be wasted on me at the Theatre Greco - I think I would be distracted by the AWESOME views!

Unknown said...

Geweldig! Je bent weer heelhuids terug met een vracht nieuwe foto's en verhalen. We wachten af en zien ze wel verschijnen. :-)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

wonderful gorgeous old buildings! Super captures!

dot said...

Italy is a very beautiful country. No wonder everyone wants to go there!
My dog was bought from what we call "a back yard breeder". Something apparently went wrong because as you can see she is no German Shepherd! We got our money back and kept the dog and learned a lesson. She's a good dog.

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Great collages of gorgeous Taormina, JoAnn.

How is IOS doing? She must've been very happy to have you back!

Anonymous said...

I like your photos. There are too many to pick just one from. I like them all.

Peter said...

I guess you have the same problem as I; too difficult to choose and you want to show them all... That's why I created my second blog where I put the original photos. Then people can do as they want, just check the "collages" on blog number one or go to blog number two to see the real photos in large version.
I read your tagging carefully and now I know almost everything about you. I hope to see you and your partner in Paris in November to get a confirmation about the hair colour and the rest and hopefully learn something more!

Patty said...

Beautiful photos. Looks like it was a marvelous trip.

Carole Burant said...

Hi JoAnn:-) Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! It's my bedtime (midnight) but I wanted to come say hello to you first:-) I would so love to go to Italy one day...I love the architecture there. Your pictures are very beautiful!! xox

Lynette said...

It's wonderful that you had such a great trip to Italy. the photos are wonderful memories you'll have always.

Thanks for tagging me. Since I had already been tagged eight times, I won't burden anyone with additional facts. You can see the lengthy random list I posted on Oct. 19 at my blog.

Your lists are quite interesting--thanks for sharing!

RUTH said...

Incredible that after all these years and the occasional earthquakes that there are remains to be seen. I wonder if our modern buildings will stand the test of time. I enjoyed reading your tags...you are certainly well travelled! And I LOVE your hair :o)
Rx

K M F said...

Beautifull photos i enjoyed all

Daniel J Santos said...

beautiful images, what a great visit to Italy.

quintarantino said...

Miss Joann, you know I'm a culture guy too, so I'm most certainly like these facts about greek ruins and the photos but, just between you and me, when are the photos and facts about wines arriving (heeeheeheee)?

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

HI!!!!
Well I did my very best to post something hisstorical but :

* Quint I post some food/frinks for you,
* Thank you Daniel,:)
*KMF thank you very much
*Ruth thanks your really like my hair? Me too (not when I was a kid)
*Lynette you're so welcome,
*Pea !!! Hi thanks for visiting my blog I visited yours too:)
*Yes it was a great trip Patty!
*Peter I am slowly getting throught the photo's but its all so intersting! You're so right!
*Thank you AbL you so kind and charming with your compliments that flatters me:)
*Fenix Ios is doing MUCH betrr!Thnak you I answered that on your blog also, Hugh from IOS!
* Hmmmm DOT you make me smile thanks my dear:)
*Thanks Mary you're very complimentary thanks:)
*Thanks Isabela aI answered you on your blog also I forgot to name Florida....
* Northbay Yes it was a wonderfull trip, and thanks for explaining me where cranberrie is... I follow it on the map:)
*Mogli Hi!! Thanks for visiting I visited your blog too very interesting and creative:)
*HI moi, thanks as always yes same to you I forgort to name that I've been in Florida too, Great country but you know that too :)

Thanks everyone!!!! :) JoAnn

Lezard said...

Joann, One question: how many photos did you make in Sicily???? I'm curious. It is wonderful to see pictures of the Greco theater! 2 years ago I was exactly at the same place, but did not manage to get in with a Bugaboo and a 6-month old baby and 30 degrees!!!!! I'll be for sure abck to Sicily as I really loved it there.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thank you for your interest,

*Lezard,
well to answer your question "how many photo's ", I/we made, well only me... made around 500 photo's and besides me my hus-B. made also a good 100 photo's, thats easy to do with digital camera's(memory-cards).

Oooow lezard I also see you (not) walking indeed in a theatre,"with a Bugaboo and a 6-month old baby and 30 degrees"!!
No !!you better visit Sicily in March or Ocober , even than the weather was still 23 Celsius degrees, the rain was not bad, even refreshing.

So why did you asking?
Did you see not enough photo's yet? hahaha, well I thought that I might bore people to publice them all on my blog, therefore I choose to do so with collages....

Thanks for your interest:)

Greetings JoAnn:)

JAM said...

That would be amazing to see a performance in such a place. People have watched things there for 2500 years! Incredible.