Ho Ho Ho! No SNOW? No?
Above: this is the the water seen from the bridge in NAARDEN in a normal situation, or in other words: "withour frost! Photo Under: the water is frozen, the bridge and house are both white....Boven : Dit is het water gezien vanaf de brug in NAARDEN maar On-bevroren staat...Foto onder, dezelfde brug en huisje, bedekt met witte rijp..
...But Frost & Frozen ...
In Holland there is a tiny water-FROST-blanket , laying over all trees , the leaves, the fields and houses, on everything and this is what you see....Overal in Nederland ligt een dunne deken van bevroren-water , over de bomen, de blaadjes , de velden en huizen, zo ziet het eruit....
*
Above: Do you remember this Bridge house and bridge in Naarden? Now white... Boven : Herinnert u zcih nog deze brughuisje en brug in Naarden?Nu in het wit...
Boven: De picknick tafel ook overdekt met rijp

Above: leave with frost- Boven: blad met rijp,

Above: Half-frozen- 'not totally frozen' water,
Boven: half bevroren water, bijna helemaal.


Above : Frost- trees with and without leaves,
Boven: Bomen met en zonder bladeren- bevroren,

Above: the normally 'Green' field where cows are in summer,
Boven: Het grasveld waar de koeien staan in de zomer

Above: Ios my dog does not understand this "frozen water'
Boven: Ios mijn hond, begrijpt het bevroren water niet zo...

Above: Fallen leave on top of frozen water,
Boven: Gevallen blad op bevroren water,


Above: leave with frost- Boven: blad met rijp,

Above: Half-frozen- 'not totally frozen' water,
Boven: half bevroren water, bijna helemaal.


Above : Frost- trees with and without leaves,
Boven: Bomen met en zonder bladeren- bevroren,

Above: the normally 'Green' field where cows are in summer,
Boven: Het grasveld waar de koeien staan in de zomer

Above: Ios my dog does not understand this "frozen water'
Boven: Ios mijn hond, begrijpt het bevroren water niet zo...

Above: Fallen leave on top of frozen water,
Boven: Gevallen blad op bevroren water,

Above: Not totally frozen-Boven :niet helemaal bevroren
*
Ho Ho Ho! ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!
Ho Ho Ho!Een goed weekend gewenst!




16 comments:
Hi JoAnn... around here, little frost in the morming but then, ops, out came the sun... yesterday, funny enough, it was raining... crazy weather down here...
Your photos are very beautiful.
Merry Christmas JoAnn.
I'm leaving on a 2-week holiday in Spain / France. I wish you all the best for the new year, and will look forward for more pictures in 2008. Have fun in hte days to come!
Thank you for showing me this winter wonderland! I don't see it much in Florida ;-)
How does Ios tolerate the cold?
Your sunset series is fantastic!
Good evening JoAnn, around here yesterday we had a little frost also. In fact our one daughter captured a few photos, you can see them at http://photographyfordummies.blogspot.com
By the time Abe and I got out of the supermarket from grocery shopping, around 9am, the sun had come out and the frost was pretty much all melted away. Nice photos.
Hi Joann,
Sorry for having taken so much time to come back here, but I will not tell you about my last weeks… The problem is that the coming ones don’t seem much nicer, at least up to January 14th, 2008…
But let’s forget all that; I wish you a nice holiday season and I’ll try to come back here to see some wonderful pictures and divert from less interesting tasks!
The sunset is fabulous and the Frost and Frozen are stunning!
Goede kerstdagen!
Gil
hi JoAnn
so nice your photos, and I see we arfe -6C... here we have abou 8C at this time, 0.40h.
tomorrow will arrive my family from over there, and the will feel quite warm and comfortable
xmas time...
Nice photos of the frost. I really like the leaf covered in it.
Beautiful images.
Merry Christmas or in Portuguese "Feliz Natal".
Very graphic depiction of the weather and surroundings. I 've got an old historical painting on my blog.
Hope IOS is not feeling too cold. My Sheeba needs a blanket and quilt.
very frosty here too but no snow as yet and I don't think we'll get any for a while.
Hey Good Morning on this SUNDAY,
OOOps Its already SUNDAY here and to answer your questions:
The weather is OK in HOLLAND now -5 Celsius degrees today,(-23 F?) and the frost is still here, but its BEAUTIFUL weather, the nature looks great!I enjoy it very much.
Ios my dog (Amrita) is really 'crazy' on cold weather esspecially! Its an Swiis mountain do and they LOVE smow and ice, so the colder the better!
Have a good sunday everyone and THANKS for your visit:)
JoAnn
This series is inspired, quite evocatgive and left me with an "eyes wide open" gestalt. My first visit to your site. Will come back.
Hi JoAnn, 't was echt mooi heh, pakje sneeuw was niet erg geweest
pretty pretty pretty, tres joli!
Love these
I can't find the link to Ulysses
Beautiful shots JoAnn! I Love the benches!! and the Leaves!!!
THANKS for your visit and Compliments,
*John welcome , feel free to come back I'll visit yours too, very nice blog yu have.
*griesmail bedankt maar sneeuw? andere keer.
*Mary thanks,
* Thanks Kerri,
Have a good day and thanks for commenting:)
Post a Comment