Today's C = for CARNAVAL & COWS
Under: Parades for Carnaval- above: Carnaval-lights by night,
Onder:De Parade voor Carnaval overdag, Boven Carnaval lichtshow 's-avonds.
'C ' for Carnaval, most celebrated in the SOUTH of Holland,
in the provincie LIMBURG.
Carnaval , het beste kun je voor crnaval in LIMBURG zijn, Carnaval is ook een beetje vergelijkbaar met het Amerikaanse HALOWEEN, het grappige en gezellige, dat denk ik. Vindt jij/U dat ook?
Under: Thats how your (USA) HALOWEEN looks-like right? ... Don you foreign and oversea's blogreaders maybe also think...., that Carnaval is a bit the same: A Happy and Funny celebration too? That Carnaval is abit like like Haloween? I do!:)
Last weekend it was CARNAVAL in Holland and surrounded close countries. Everywhere were lots of funny people, fantastic BIG parades and dressed up people. We were celebrating Carnaval . Carnaval is also 40 days ahead of the Easter celebration.... All celebrating CITIES changed their names for 1 day in FUNNY names , and a CRANAVAL prince, took over those cities with the CITY-TOWN-KEY.
Wij Nederlanders weten wel wat carnaval is en dat sommige steden zover gaan dat de STADS sleutel wordt overgedragen aan de CARNAVALS PRINS, voor 1 dag hebben sommige steden een andere naam, ter ere van het CARNAVAL, Hieronder wat grapige Carnaval-stadsnamen, zo leuk om te lezen!
(Under following names I cannot translate from Dutch to English, they are all too stupid names hahaha!) For example here are the names: Oeteldonk: 's-Hertogenbosch. Kielegat: Breda. Krabbegat: Bergen op Zoom. Kruikenstad: Tilburg. Lampegat: Eindhoven. Zandhazendurp: Rosmalen. Strienestad: Steenbergen. Tullepetoanestad, WALLEGAT :Naarden hahaha, all very funny names:)
Next C is for C Creative COWS
**********
(please you can close the email sign in window by cliking on X in the RIGHT top corner )
This above Creative Cows we saw in several shopwindows, at our trip in November, we went to TOARMINA in the south of Italy (Sicily) . So I showed this slideshow before in another style in November 2007... But I liked it so much I wanted to show this show with you again... ENJOY!!
Trouwe bloglezers hebben deze Creatieve Koeien al eerder gezien, toen we in November naar ZUIDItalie gingen, stonden deze koeien in de etalages daar. Ik wilde ze nog eenmaal laten zien, ze zijn echt kunstzinnig en mooi om te zien.
**********
1.Click on this
and sign in on Mr. Linky,
2. Post your ABC Picture picture on your blog
3. Enjoy the wonderfully unique ABC pictures of the other ABC participants.
***Look & Enjoy! Geniet & kijk***
I am so SORRY !! That some blogreaders were having difficulties with the Flashplayer on their computer, I uploaded a smaller version of the slideshow, to solve this problem.




42 comments:
Cities and towns all long the coast of southern USA from New Orleans, Louisiana, to Pensacola,Florida celebrate in the same way. They call it Mardi Gras.
Hope you enjoyed the festivities!
You brought back memories of my friend Petra from Limburg describing Carnaval time - lovely to see some pictures of it at last!
More like Mardi Gras than Halloween probably. very nice....
I have to come back and read about abc Wednesday... Sounds like fun. You practice Lent? Do you, not really fast, but give up something like I am giving up chocolate? I miss you.
OH, fun carnival pictures, I'd love to go to a carnival. How nice!
:-D
Good thing you posted and a ABC Wednesday shot--I always forget til I see yours. Now I have to go hurry and do one before Wednesday is over.
I had one I wanted to use, but I can't find it--it is "C is for car" and my grandson is licking a toy car that was decorating his birthday cake and has frosting on it!
FUn pictures. Thanks.
Looks like it was a really fun time. We don't have any carnivals here
I love carnivals very nice post
lovely work...nice photos!
Carnivals are such colorful fun - there were costume balls in Budapest this past Saturday :) but not a street party.
Hey Thanks,
* Dot ans Neva , so the call it MARDI GRASS, in your countrie? Sounds like fun! thanks for telling me,
*VP Yes around this time you should be in LIMBURG! There Carneval is The best.
*GMJ OK Chocolate thats a GOODY You can do that? I 'll come to your blog, miss you too, see you!
*Mary oow I look forewards to see whatyou do with a C car?
*Max e , well here its fun, like a BIG children's birtday party haha!
*KAlyan Thanks my friend,
*Isodora, Thanks for telleng me/us about what happens in Budapest:)
JoAnn
Enjoy the show:)
Perfect timing for your photo!
I think I'll prefer the decorated Cows - that is something special!
excellent, that's a great "C", well done...
With Images
Creative cows seem really to be in fashion! I see them also in a lot of shop windows. Did you see the ones on GMG's blog (Lisbon)?
No Carnival here......too friggin' cold!!!!!!
You have a great site, the photography is inspiring. Love your dog too.
A
Thank you for visiting my blog.Very good c from you,love carnivals:)
Hi Jo Ann.
Finally i could leave a comment here. I have tried several times today. But, i couldn`t activate the comment board.
I LOVE the richly coloured and decorated cows! :)
Great! :)
Great shots for C. I love the decorated cows.
Your blog is very nice to look at, and you have a most beautiful dog!
Wow, such stunning pics! I'm blown away! Thanks for visiting my blog, and the explanation for 10/40 is in the sidebar top right corner. :D
Wow! So full of life and excitement!
Woooooooooooooooooh!
WOW! Wonderful cow pictures, so many and varied and fancy and fun!
My ABC Wednesday picture is here:
ABC Wednesdays C post
Interesting images.
They are interesting yet can be scary.
Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex
a very interesting post and lots of good "C"s to enjoy and read about.
Yes, it is like Halloween, but more festive. I love the way cities will sponsor decorating animals around town. Here we have decorated crabs and fish.
Terrific post for C. There is lots of excitment the world over at this time of year. Good Cows too.
have a good day Joann.
I thank for the visit in my blog. Very beautiful the subjects post. One year ego, had filled with colourful cows all the squares of Athens, somebodies him organised and had success. I him I saw in the TV
I just love your C's! many beautiful photos:)
Have a nice day:)
Hey my dear friend;
you know what lent is you just don't know it by that name. It is the forty days before Easter.
here is a site that can explain it better than I.
I only practice it a little. Not with a great deal of devotion. :)
http://www.kencollins.com/holy-04.htm
Cool "C" post.
Totally unexpected but great!!!
cute and so much of fun! :)
What a great place to shoot photos! These are terrific, JoAnn.
Carnaval and Cows. They go well together, JoAnn. :)
I LOVE THE PICTURES!!!! :-) Carnaval looks like a treat!
Is Ios better? Hope so!
About cows...the other day, I was driving along a street near where I live and I saw a CAR that looked like a cow. There were fake horns on the top, an udder on the hood. It was painted with spots, and the license plate said "Moo." I SO wish I had my camera with me, but frankly I'm lucky I didn't drive off the road--I couldn't stop staring at the car!
Hugs,
Sparkle
Hi JoAnn,
Carnavale and Cows - WOW, what C's. You are Clever.
Annie
I couldn't post for awhile on your blog. Not sure why. I like the colors on this.
The carnival and cows are great fun. In Goa also they have a carnival before Lent starts.
I 've got a cow story on my blog.
Quite amazing shots. Those about cows are from the Cow Parade exhibition?
(yesterday I had the same problem as LV2SCPBK, and couldn´t imagine why).
Are you alright?
See me today ... and start the climbing to the church!
love the carnival photos! we don't have anything like that here.. we do have a mardigras in Sydney.
Looks like a great time
it's very cheerful post too. I love your photos and story about Carnaval : )
Thanks for telling me that someplople were NOT able to post a comment
I am so Sorry! to read that some blogreaders wanted to comment on my blog, but it did NOT work out.
I hope that I solved the problem by changing some things on my vblog ( as a smaller header) and I change some more...
Thanks anyway for your trying to comment!! And thanks that you came back to tell me!
:) JoAnn
Post a Comment