HEALTH-Last update June 16;
Thanks for commenting (everyone) and cheers'Quint', to you all !!!!
Thanks for the sweet words, for the jokes 'Tom', and for the understanding support' ;
Truus, Marijke,Dick, Gerard, Brian, Alex, Trijnie, Hans,Herman,Monique, Marja, Rebecca, Judi/gmj,Ginnie,CJ, Amrita,Dot, Denise, Peter, Abe, Donald, Elsie, Sparkle,Globetrotter gil, Kelly, and I can go-on with more names, Anemone , Evlahos, Ida, Sharon,sandy carlson,lilli-nevada, mental-pmama, kim,petunia, pat-an, neva, wendy, catherine, rennyba, troy -martha, lezard, berit, kriz cpec, m theresa, alice-g, lawstude, reader wil, carol, lynn,
THANK YOU ALL!!!
*
Today I went back for a controlling-visit at the hospital .....
2 weeks after the shoulder surgery, as expected YES !! I have to wear the mitella/brace for another 4 more weeks , 'until juli 14th 'the next hospital visit' for sure!!' in the meanwhile I cannot make movements like; sporting as tennis, or aerobics, not biking or 'driving a car', not cooking and ironing, no household ...yippeeee! hah!!! Thats the good part....
Also not put my hair up, because I cannot move my arm above my head haha! I bought a totally new clothing like easywear from elastic or polyeter/strecing materials anyhow... I cannot open/close my jeans... eehhh..
*
This week on Thursday the fysiotherapy
starts for the first time, than/there I/my arm learns to move 'with pain and no fear for that' ....under control of the fysiotherapist...this is good for the painfull nerves/muscles . the fysioherapist is helping me moving forewards with my arm , carefull and she is watching that the inside-shoulder-pins are not damaging.... it takes 3/4 months to fully recover and to learn to move as usual 'without shoulder-risk and perhaps not without pain yet'... to illustrate; this post I type controlled with one hand/arm... capital marks are not so easy...
*
For 4/5 months I am not able to make as good/much photo's with my 'regular' camera as before,'to heavy now and I just can move one arm only' but..... I can make photo's with a small camera or my mobile phone...!! so I will try oing that...
*
I am afraid that I cannot drink wine (cheers to you quint!) yet, ' before ....I could just'drink' through the infuus haha! now only mineral water or and tea and coffee, SOUP also (or 'look-a-like' wine I mean drinks , like red lemonade) haha...the strong 'painkilling' medicine I use do not match with alcohol. I don't care so much about alcohol .
OVERALL I stay positive...It takes another 3/4 months , so before the winter starts I will be able to wear a coat heeh! I keep you all informed, maybe soon with som spectacular photography , yes so please come back. your comments are very welcome and helping me to smile :),
thanks you are very nice heartwarming people out-there!!!
JoAnn 2008- JUNI 16
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
JOANN HAS Still a blogbreak or IS VERY SLOW BLOGGING!!!
WHY? BELOW I EXPLAIN WHY...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome....ON JOANNS ..... bloghealthbreak NEWS
'Today My 'sky' IS the ceiling'



Update: The fluid medicine goes throug my hand, me in the hospital watching through the mirror, how my brace-arm/shoulder is looking after the surgery, all wrapped.... i am SO glad i have my cell... its ok with me now , the doc's added an 'anker' something 'inside my shoulder' to heal the 'maniscus' in my shoulder together...now the recovery is starting, i have to walk like this for 6 weeks, cannot take the brace off. i am so glad its all done now...But the sky is soon coming!!! I see the sky already....
(THEREFORE A slowdown BLOGBREAK) PHOTO'S are MADE BY cellmobile PHONE
THANK you Blogfriends!!!
FOR ALL THE suportive COMMENTS ;0)
*
And... NO SKY is to HIGH for me!!!






62 comments:
Oh... :-(
That makes me so sad.... Wish you so well, and nice sky watch this day. Wich you also nice blu sky fir the future.
Wishes from nurse Anne in the middle of Norway blogging from the hospital this morning... waiting for the pasients to come :-)
Love from here.
Joann, you are BRAVE.What else could I say?
A big hug from Argentina.
this is sad but patience. i hope soon to return strong enough to show as your fantastic captures. very unique sky watch :)
Have a speedy recovery! :)
I hope you are able to go home soon. Thanks for visiting my blog.
I knew you would be able to manage to give us news.
Glad to know about you.
I'm happy to see that the operation went well, that you are clever enough to continue blogging via phone and by one hand...! I was sure! Bravo anyhow!! Now, take care and give priority to a good healing!
Gelukkig dat de operatie goed is gegaan JoAnn. En nu maar hopen dat alles goed heelt en dat je weer de dingen kan doen die je graag doet. Ik vind het flink van je dat je evengoed nog probeert om deze zaken op je weblog te posten. Doe het nu maar even kalm aan, lijkt mij het beste voor je.
Groetjes en ik blijf je blog volgen hoor.
JoAnn, even through the surgery and all you seem to be in good spirits! Thanks for the report, you are in my prayers.
I hope you are better soon. Take care and God bless.
You are one brave lady to take all tose photos with your one hand.
Get well soon.Take care and concentrate to getting well. Lots of love
Oh i do hope that you get well soon, god bless
Hello JoAnn... thanks so much for making it to Sky Watch.... you do not need to show us sky.. because you bring the sunshine in your heart.
I hope when you read this you are feeling O.K. Take care.. and try to keep that sun shining..
Tom
Nothing puts skywatch in perspective more than this. Wishing you the speediest of recoveries.
I hope the recovery period is short and goes smoothly. My thoughts are with you.
Hallo Jo-Ann
Groete en voorspoed met jou herstel na die operasie. I am back in blogland, I think...lol.
Hope your shoulder heals quickly and that you will be back soon, too.
Groete
Elsie van Suid-Afrika
thank you all above-blogfriends,
yes i can read the comments -have a short time- once in a while i can, i cannot visit allyour blogs on the short term in return, hope you all will you forgive me..
recovery takes all together half-a-year, for now 6 weeks with the brace, i am doing well, don't you worrie about me. only i cannot move much haha! have a great weekend you all, for now and next week i wish you all well.
i read the comments regularly, cannot post for a while after now... after jun 16th maybe, i will come back!!! now i'll better take it easy...
joann greetings
I guess you not are in the mood to sing "What a feeling! I'm dancing on the celing"...I love that you are posting even you are in the hospital!! Hope you feel better sooooon;)
See you!
Petunia's SWF
Best wishes for a speedy recovery and many blue skies ahead! Your attitude is great!
Hi Joann....looks good from my angle! but wow.....tough road ahead for a few weeks.....those trips to the bathroom should be interesting! hope your recovery goes well and that you are home soon! Where is IOS? home with hubby? I will keep checking in!
Joann, I've come to visit you virtually, and am suprised to read of your recent shoulder surgery. Im glad you are on the recovery side of the pain. Six months will be a long time coming, and a short time looking back. Shoulders are such an easy thing to take for granted, until one freezes up in pain. I wish you a speedy recovery! Your photos on your blog are very beautiful.
Just called back to see how you are, I'll keep popping by and have a bit of fun to cheer you up.. so here goes..
A Doctor, a Nurse and a Shredder
A nurse was leaving the hospital one evening when she found the doctor standing in front of a shredder with a piece of paper in his hand.
"Listen", said the doctor, "this is important and my assistant has left. Can you make this thing work?"
"Certainly", said the nurse, flattered that the doctor had asked her for help.
She turned the machine on, inserted the paper and pressed the start button.
"Excellent! Excellent!" said the doctor as his paper disappeared inside the machine.
"I need two copies of that"
Ik hoop dat het gauw weer beter gaat, bedankt voor je bezoeken aan m'n blog.
I hope sincerely that you'll soon be able to grasp your camera and join us. Fortunately, you keep connected with us, and our skies to provide you an escape in a blue dream. Take care, see you soon. Best wishes.
Oh you poor love!! Get well soon; keep your spirits up!
{{HUGS}}}
thanks for all your support and sweet words...that is really moving my heart!
tom, hahaha i laughed also a lot with my roommate , good joke you told me haha
today the stitches are removed,in the norsery room while they were talking about 'whatever'.... heeh@ said please watch taking off/out my stitches!
sun was shining today again i saw a blue sky!!!
joann is greeting you
ppph i forgoy to say...
the coming days i have no pc until next weekend /sunday
so please keep commenting i will read all your words! thanks
Your such a brave girl and you know I wish you the best - crossing my fingers and toes for you!
Get well soon.
You can't keep Good Eyes down for long.
I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Your friends,
Troy and Martha
Hope you'll get well very soon! By the way the photos are still as great as ever.
alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com
Have a good recovery time. Love the pics but feel sorry for you.
lol
Well if that one made you laugh.. lets hope this cheeky one dose also... :O)
There was a woman who was interested in getting a boob job, so she went to her doctor, Dr. Smith and questioned him about implants.
He explained that, before you do anything too serious, there is a method that has worked for a lot of my patients.
Every morning when you wake up rub your boobs and say ''Scoobie doobie doobie, give me bigger boobies.''
She did this faithfully for weeks and noticed one day that they actually were getting bigger, she was very impressed. One morning she woke up, late for work and very rushed. By the time she got on the bus she realized that she forgot to go through her routine.
So standing on the bus, while rubbing her boobs she says ''Scoobie doobie doobie, give me bigger boobies''.
The man standing next to her says, ''You go to Dr. Smith?''
''Yes,'' she said, ''how did you know?''
He replies ''Hickory dickory dock!''
All the best... keep smiling
Oh Joann, I do hope you feel better soon! I am sending postive thoughts and prayers your way!!
Gewoon even op ziekenbezoek gekomen om je goeiedag te zeggen. Als je weer kan schrijven op je snelle pc, dan zien we je wel weer. Dat weet ik eigenlijk heel zeker :-)
How are you, my good friend?
Hoi JoAnn,
Hoop dat alles weer een beetje beter gaat en dat je inderdaad voor een weekje op vakantie hebt kunnen gaan en biet thuis moest blijven.
Weet niet of je deze reactie kan lezen, maar doe het rustig aan en geniet van je vakantie.
Hopelijk zien we je vlak na de 16 de weer wat gezonder terug.
Dikke knuf en hou je haaks.
Marijke
Hey! You red headed cutie! You will figure out how to get things done, I have faith in you. You are very creative!! hugs,Judi
(I already commented.) No new post, which is normal! Hope you are recovering well!
Ja, daar wassieweer even om je een "steuntje" te geven :-)
Courage JoAnn, the worst is over, and hopefully you'll have a soft recovery. Big cheers!!!
JoAnn... I hope you get well soon!!
Hug from Berit T :o)
Hi JoAnn! Back home and profiting from the Portugal’s Day holiday, I’m trying to catch up your posts. Hope you're getting better and will be fully recovered as soon as possible!
Thanks also for your comments at Blogtrotter, which has now landed in Santiago de Compostela, Spain!
Hope you enjoy, and have a nice and fast recover!
Just dropping by for my daily "Get well soon".
Hope you are doing well,
Your friends in Texas,
Troy and Martha
hope things will be fine.
Hi Joann Blij dat de operatie achter de rug is is het niet. Veel sterkte en wordt maaar gauw beter. Heel veel knuffels en pas heel goed op jezelf. Veel liefs.
Hope you recover soon
Hi Joann, we are coming to Netherlands in a couple of weeks..
Let me know where you are and we'll pop by to see you!
Dxx
Sorry to hear about your hospital stay, but good to see you were in good enough spirits to do the photo-report. I hope you're home now and on your way to recovery. :)
OH, JOANN!!!!! I had no idea--Lily and I have been very self-involved lately. Planting herbs, writing stuff, reading stuff, summer stuff. I am very, very, very sorry to hear about your trip to the hospital and I hope you will be healing and feeling 100% well soon. Keep your eye on the sky, okay?
Many hugs,
Sparkle
Hi Joanns, Have a good rest and a speedy recovery. Take care.
be better and get well soon.
Just dropping by to say Hello!
Van harte beterschap! Mrsnesbitt vroeg of we aan je wilden denken! Mooie foto's heb je op dit blog! Ik vind je heel creatief!
Doctor, Doctor I've broke my arm in two places
Well don't go back there again then !
If anyone can reach the sky, JoAnn, it is you. Congratulations!
Hey JoAnn, I hope that you feel better. Just a quick visit to let you know that episode 15 of Md is now online. It might cheer you up.
Hey i just did 4 Hospital Episode blogs, too! Written rather than reportage though. You're brave. Hope you are feeling better and home now.
Just back checking in to see how things are going...Hope all is going better! I miss you!
AS PROMISED A SHORT NOTE:
THANKS SWEET DEAR BLOGFRIENDS
YOUR COMMENTS ARE HEARTWARMING!
yes i see more sky now... soon the clouds are gone, and i will see the sun, i always stay positive!
report of last week;
becuse I am able to use the pc for short, last week was the most painfull ever..,i could not sleep, but good thing is that music is my biggest FRIEND. i listened to my small md-player all the time, looking outside to the sky clouds, and more.
soon!
maybe this week i will post some pics i made earlier... wait and see.
tomorrow on monday the 16th the hospital specialist/othopeadist will tell me what i can do and not...the coming weeks, i quess i cannot do more as last week, for 6 weeks...lets wait and see.
maybe its great news?
THANKS DEAR FRIENDS FOR YOU SUPPORT! I REALLY LIKE TO READ YOUR COMMENTS :)
JOANN
*thanks tom for the jokes:)LOL
Hi Joann,
You are braver than me...
What a pain -- hope you get fixed up and back to normal in short order.
JoAnn, that's fantastic news.
So today you will be knowing about what you can or can´t do?
Don't forget to tell them that it's out of the question not lifting the glass ... full of some Lambruscco (red or white, who cares) in order to celebrate!!
thanks Don, i'll do my very best...
thanks & hello QUINT, below i'll tell more...
thanks for commenting (everyone|)and cheers to you!!!!I afraid that i can only drink water, and 'lifewater' through the infuus haha! or tea and coffee (or 'look-a-like' like wine i mean drinks , like red lemonade||) haha...the strong medicine i use do not match with alcohol.
yes today i kno/hear more, but i will not be surprised to hear that i have to wear the brace 6 weeks longer, but lets not look ahead sofar. i stay positive....
TOMORROW I'LL TELL THE LAST NEWS HERE (on my blog|)
joann
Post a Comment