© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Information about International and (Dutch) National Trains

!The ABC Wednesday-Round 3 is an idea of Denise Nesbitt and is now on .The idea is simply that a group of bloggers all post each tuesdayevening at 20.00 PM on a specific letter of the alphabet. To participate, sign-in here http://abcwednesdayround3.blogspot.com/ or visit blog the blog where other participants posted tthe theme of todays "I" http://wednesdayabc.blogspot.com/
________________________________________________________________


WELCOME TO JoAnn's ABC "I"
for INFORMATION ,
Dutch Intercity train, International trains .&..Inside a train,

INFO:About INTERNATIONAL and National Trains in HOLLAND-Amsterdam. This ( last) weekend we went out for a change by train -normally we go by car- to Amsterdam CS, I wanted to share this typical DUTCH train impressions with you through photography....
(www.joannwalraven.com)
When you enter Amsterdam CS....This above INFORMATION desk in front of the TRAIN-station in AMSTERDAM CS ( CS= Centrall Station in Amsterdam...)

<International & National Train shedules.
When you are inside the train station this above shedules Inform you about TRAIN leaving-&arrival- times from Dutch-National Trains (inside Holland) or International Trains.
(International: outside Holland but inside in Europe: to Belgium-France-Germany-England)


Above: Whats the meaning of the "INTERCITY" train..?
The Intercity trains in Holland are FAST trains with less stops and therefore faster than STOPtrains... You maybe arriving 1 hour faster ......It can vary more or less... but when you are travelling by a INTERCITY train from the south-to the middle of Holland its MUCH faster to travel by Intercity train....



Top:View outside seen from INSIDE a train, we were here travelling by National train In-between Utrecht, heading to the area around Amsterdam/Holland.....

Above: Seen Through a (dirty) train window;
Another DUTCH national train is passing, the colours anr Blue and yellow....
An INTERNATIONAL train, is standing/waiting in Amsterdam CS Waiting to leave for FRANCE or Germany. INTERNATIONAL trains have different colours such as White-Red and grey... International trains leave only from the BIG Capital cities like: Amsterdam-Utrecht or TeHague and Rotterdam.

Above:A Dutch train is arriving at the Amsterdam CS..Trainstation.

Above: Bye bye!!!! ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!!!!
A DUTCH National Train Is passing and leaving the Amsterdam CS-Train station , to a whatever where-city Inside Holland.
*
JoAnn is WISHING you a Happy ABC, And a Sunny & Creative week!
THANK YOU for your comments

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

very informational post and great motion. maybe, someday i will need these info

Texel in vogelvlucht. Gerard said...

Hi JoAnn.
Leuke serie treinfoto's. Echt zoals het is. Ik kan er verder niks aan toevoegen. Goed gedaan.

Louise said...

Interesting. We have no nice trains here. I LOVE your pictures. You use motion and shadow well!

Rune Eide said...

Your pictures shows the speed of the trains, and that was my felling to when I took them.

Brian said...

Very clever blog, we all need information.

Reader Wil said...

Heel goed gedaan JoAnn! Ik reis vaak met de trein en heb dit al vaak gezien natuurlijk, maar jij hebt er een kunstwerk van gemaakt.

Daniel Santos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel Santos said...

Joann,
fantastic, absolutely fantastic.

photowannabe said...

I like your choices for the letter I. Good information and it is interesting.

Leslie: said...

Wow Joann! Fabulous and unique post for I-Day. I think my favourite shots (although they're ALL fantastic!) are the one looking out from inside the train and the one of the train arriving at the station. Great job!

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Your photos are always so full of life and color and movement!

Anonymous said...

The train photos are so well captured! Great shots!

My "I" picture is posted here. Happy Wednesday!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Very interesting; very appropriate "I" post.

Bear Naked said...

Thank you for your INFORMATIONAL post for ABC Wednesday.

Bear((( )))

Miss_Yves said...

Lots of 'I"
Awesome and artistic shots-as usual!
miss Yves

PeterParis said...

Especially, the second last photo is amazing! (You forgot to talk about the TGV's! :-)))

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

THANK you for reacting, here's JoAnn's answer on your comment:

*Evlahos, well as sson as you come to Holland, go to the internet for more train info here: www.ns.nl , there you find all the information you need:)
* Gerard dankje, graag gedaan.
*Louise NO? are there no train where you live, also not nearby? That is a pity because train travel very fast...
*Runee, its a bit experience to shooyt moving trains or a moving background, that I was trying here...thanks for the compliment.
* Brian, good that you like it,
*Reader, nou kunstwerk? Ok als jij het zegt en bedankt:)
*Daniel, you'r welcome and thanks
* Thanks Phowa, I like yours too,
*Leslieits so interesting that different people vary in meanings 'whats the best shot',
thank you;)
* thanks Kim,
*ShappyJen, Thanks
*Thank you Pat,
* Hey Island ram You cannot do it won I think? I will look at yours welcome to ABC!
*Thank you BEAR!
*Missyves Thank you and happy ABC
*Peter, about your (right!) 'note or Question'..."why I didn't name the Fast-train-TGV".. well you are right about that, the blogpost would be more completed..but the reason why I did not do that is because; I couldn't make/find a good shot about the TGV,and I always try to show photo's... next time OK? Promised:)

Greetings from, Joann's D Eyes

Anonymous said...

thank for your visit and extra info. about your question, the place is near city Serres north of Greece and has a lot of wonderful paths to walk (not dangerous)

Reader Wil said...

Thanks for your visit to my Isabella Falls. No I have no daughter-in-law, but it's my daughter who lives in Australia and her( ex) in-laws still live in Hopevale.

mrsnesbitt said...

I remember the trains from our visit to Assen! We were talking about visiting again next year!

Dxx

Anonymous said...

What a great trip this was, JoAnn ...
I so love trains!
Each one of them as something beautiful to be seen ...
One of my secret dreams was to travel around the world by train ...

Dick said...

Wij gaan regelmatig met de trein, als alles goed gaat dan is het te doen, op de weg is ook niet alles.
Leuke post.

Amrita said...

Your trains are so comfortable and efficient.

Bear Naked said...

Thank you for your very Interesting and Informative post and Images.

Bear((( )))

Jane Hards Photography said...

We only have an electric tram here.eally get the feeling of motion watching those fast trains.

Marijke said...

Hoi JoAnnn

Wat een leuke serie van de trein...stukje nostalgie voor mij. Ik kan me de dag niet meer herinneren dat ik in een hollandse trein zat.
Maar daar gaat wellicht verandering in komen. Al hoewel ik liever in de auto stap.

Bedankt voor je sympathieke reactie op mijn blog .-) Geeft mee extra steuntje in de rug, om zulke gedichtjes te publiceren.

Knuffie
Marijke

Tash said...

fantastic Intercity-speed-zoomingby photo. I sure miss the trains, all of them. I've gone on Amtrack but it just is not the same.

JAM said...

I love the shot of the train coming in under the arched roof. Plus I like the small pic of the colorful train reflected in the water.