© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Friday, September 19, 2008

SWF: Sky-lines of Amsterdam-Arena

watch other sky's OR SIGN-IN on thursday evening at 20.30 pm and click here

__________________________________________________________________


Welcome at JoAnn-D's-SKY-lines
At The AMSTERDAM ARENA In Holland
Have you ever been in Amsterdam-South? No?
Also not when Arriving at the international airport " Amsterdam SCHIPHOL" ?
Even in/above in the sky, you cannot miss this BIG/HIGH buildings, they are all ugly and pretty alltogether....! The shapes are like the "Mahattan sky-lines in the USA " Or are they not? I think that everywhere in the world there may be skylines like this , although THIS particulare skyline is standing/made in in AMSTERDAM SOUTH, with in the middle the famous Amsterdam ARENA, this is famous fo the footballteam AJAX....because its such a BIG shaped area , you can also go to the biggest shopping mall , named .... AMSTERDAM ARENA! Watch and enjoy the AMSTERDAM skylines.

The same group of Bussines buildings, seen from another LOW angle,
Building of head-office from the ' Abn-amro' bank seen from "down to up"-angle ...

Left The bank's building & other bussiness-'company buildings' at the Amsterdam Arena....

The "Heineken music Hall"
....The evening is falling.. watch pink/red-blue/grey clouds....

Good night Amsterdam!
I hope you liked watching this company sky's in AMSTERDAM

_________________________________________________________________
(c) www.joannwalraven.com

*****
Enjoy
HAPPY WEEKEND WISHES

Greetings from JoAnn's-D-Eyes
Thank you for your comments...

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

very interesting buildings. excellent angle to shot them. and wonderful sky color too

Louise said...

I like the points of view in these photos, and the building have so many interesting angles. Nice SWF!!

don said...

A fascinating series with such variety in viewpoints around the buildings. I especially like the twilight shot with the people and business lights barely visible.
All are very well done.

Texel in vogelvlucht. Gerard said...

Hallo JoAnn.
Als ik al die hoge, soms best mooie gebouwen zie, ben ik blij dat ik lekker op het mooie Texel woon.
P.S. Als er weer eens ergens een vliegerfestival is, laat ik het je weten. (Als ik het niet vergeet).
Groetjes, Gerard

Dewdrop said...

I love Skyscraper shots from that perspective. Awesome captures. Never been to Amsterdam. I guess I need to.

Brad Myers said...

I nice sky watch capture and the buildings just add to the sky.

EG CameraGirl said...

Amsterdam looks to be an very modern city. Nice photos. Happy Sky Watch!

Juliana RW said...

i've been here last year if i am not wrong :D mine also in Amsterdam but different sky.

Please drop at my SWF post also: in HERE. Thanks

Ginnie Hart said...

Right now, JoAnn, I'm missing Amsterdam!

Pernille said...

Six beautiful shot! WOW!

Michele said...

WOW!! I was just totally taken aback from those big big buildings... I have never seen such huge structures. Great post!
Have a nice weekend!
~Michele J~
Mountain Retreat

Anonymous said...

Huge buildings with amazing blue skies! Perfect:) Mine is here. See you there!~ Happy SWF!~

Photo Cache said...

I enjoyed your skyline series. Amazing. Happy skywatching.

Tom said...

Hi JoAnne
Great sky lines here.. the buildings are very nice... but give me trees any day.. ;o)

Mine's Here

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Joann: Very nice capture of the Skies and a great reflection also.

Anonymous said...

nice pictures for sky watch. You captured the building so nicely.

SandyCarlson said...

Things are definitely looking up in Amsterdam!

Eki said...

The shapes of these buildings are very contrast to the sky ... Perfect SWF post.

I have my 3rd week participation post of SWF posted today. Would appreciate if you could check it out. Thanks.

Unknown said...

What an outstanding sky shots collection!

Anonymous said...

Very cool - and a unique building set against a gorgeous sky. Great post. Thanks.

Marja said...

Oh yeh I know this part of the city. I arrive next year in schiphol again and can see it for myself

Mary said...

You have a great skyline!!!

Anonymous said...

nice series of photos with beautiful sky and interesting buildings. Happy weekend!

myonlyphoto said...

JoAnne these are amazing structures. Excellent architecture photos. Anna :) PS been in Amsterdam on airport only, loved the wooden shoes.

Angie said...

Those buildings may not be exactly beautiful but they make a great series of photos.

Ivar Østtun said...

Excellent SWF. Great idea :-)

dot said...

Hi JoAnn! I enjoyed seeing the buildings and the beautiful skies in Amsterdam.

PeterParis said...

I have seen and bee there! These modern areas need some time to take shape. The same with la Defense just outside Paris. 40 years after the first "skyscrapers", it starts to look quite nice and "complete"!

Answer to your question on my blog:
The "free entrance" place is just to the right of the Madeleine church steps. If you had been there, you would remember!

Neva said...

A great angle shot of some interesting buildings!

Reader Wil said...

Eenstukje Amsterdam dat ik niet ken! Wat een moderne gebouwen! Ik vind je foto's heel mooi, maar de op een na onderste vind ik het mooist, omdat de lucht weerspiegeld wordt in de glazen muur van het gebouw links!
Prettig weekend!

JAM said...

I really like these. Nice series of photos. Every big city has it's own "look."

Connie T. said...

I walk around with a camera in my purse all the time. My husband thinks I am nuts. Love your pictures.

Amrita said...

very impressive photos. Have a good weekend

K M F said...

interesting buildings. and phots
have a nice day

Tonjia said...

Amazing photos! I love the one where the sun is going down and reflecting on the building.

GMG said...

Hi JoAnn! After a short break but a long absence, I’m finally back to the blogosphere and found some time to enjoy your excellent blog…
Lovely pictures, though those buildings aren't my Amsterdam favourites... ;))
Many thanks for your comments on Blogtrotter, while I was off. It’s now still in Kos on the way to Crete! Hope you enjoy and wish you a great weekend and a nice week ahead!

Marijke said...

hoi hoi,

Mooie foto's, zonder meer waar.....maar het voelt zo koud aan !
Er straalt geen warmte vanuit. Ik bedoel niet dat je foto's niet goed zijn, maar ik bedoel te zeggen die gebouwen zo 'koud' zijn.
Nou ja, ik weet niet precies hoe het je te zeggen...

Misschien zo : Ze 'leven' niet....

Je begrijpt me vast wel :-)

Knuffie, van mij

Doeg doeg
Marijke