....Skywatch and ABC "M"...
__________________________________________________________________JoAnn's SWF: Flying away UP in the SKY....
JoAnn is wishing you "Happy Holidays",
* abobe and under "Butterfly" Photo's, are made in MARKEN (NL)
Maybe we'll meet this butterfly... when flying high in the SKY.....
Maybe we'll meet this butterfly... when flying high in the SKY.....
NOW up in the sky and fly like this butterfly... GOODBYE:)
*
Thank you for your comments
...I am looking forewards to read your comments when we return home, NEXT weekend....
_________________________________________________________________
Welcome to JOANN's ABC Wednesday Round 3. A project, now in it's second year! If you have something to share, visit(click here: the wednesday Anthology blog) with photo's and poetry... You can join also :be it a photograph, piece of art or poetry please post in on your blog and sign up , Click here :with Mr Linky! 8 pm onwards Tuesday, British Summer Time. ... __________________________________________________
"M" for a Dutch village :
Welcome to JOANN's ABC Wednesday Round 3. A project, now in it's second year! If you have something to share, visit(click here: the wednesday Anthology blog) with photo's and poetry... You can join also :be it a photograph, piece of art or poetry please post in on your blog and sign up , Click here :with Mr Linky! 8 pm onwards Tuesday, British Summer Time. ... __________________________________________________"M" for a Dutch village :
"MARKEN"
*
Remember that we making a boattrip on a weekend (2 weekends ago) just scroll down to the date SEPTEMBER 29th, see more of that boat-trip,we went by sailingboat on the Marker-IJsselmeer in a weekend?. Here I made this photo's when we were visiting MARKEN

The little 'village MARKEN has it s own HOTELbus, to pick his customers up, from the boat..
A typical GREEN wooden house in MARKEN, the colour they are using here is for all houses the same.... Look also at the bikes in front of the house, they need that also on this little island..


The little 'village MARKEN has it s own HOTELbus, to pick his customers up, from the boat..

A typical GREEN wooden house in MARKEN, the colour they are using here is for all houses the same.... Look also at the bikes in front of the house, they need that also on this little island..

Beautiful wellmade gardens, and the windows are all fournitured different with home-made clean white curtains...
They"MARKER" people really like to do the laundery, all at the same day?!!! You can also see very clearly wich style of clothes/colours they like to wear, in every single house...
And again more laundery....

And again more laundery....
The above Dutch wooden shoes, are looking really old ,
also not painted (natural) and of course handmade..

LEFT-top:Wooden shoes at the Frontdoor, used for "name-plates" .

LEFT-top:Wooden shoes at the Frontdoor, used for "name-plates" .
2 Big shoes with the names from Mommy-Daddy and,2 Small wooden shoes for the 2 children....
This for in case you didn't know who is living inside this house...
*
RIGHT-Top: Historical -Traditional female clothes of MARKEN , the women and children used to wear this clothes in 1900, now used to show the tourists, the farmers and some citizens are still wearing e wooden shoes, because they are nice & warm on wet (days) land...

More yellow (woodcolour) wooden shoes with drawings of Dutch Windmills,

More yellow (woodcolour) wooden shoes with drawings of Dutch Windmills,
Again with personal names, so typical Old Dutch..
*
Happy week and ABC or SWF
... And don't forget..." to enjoy life"
Enjoy every day as it is your LAST day!
*
Thank you for your comments ,
I sure read all comments as soon as we are back!Don't forget me I do not forget you...
*
*






45 comments:
Thank you for the guided tour of Marken! Nice to get to know a little about the wooden shoe tradition and all the rest. The shoes have existed in rural places in Norway too. I tried them at my grandmother's when I was a boy. I can't say I enjoyed the experience...
Some years ago we toured by river boat from Amsterdam and ended up on the Zuider Zee as they used to call it.. nice place. We may have actually visited Marken - I'm not sure ..
Good photos.
Hi JoAnn
I have enjoyed your 'M' post, and loved the homes and the clogs... I remember that when I was a child Monday was Washing Day... all the house-wifes competed for the whitest whites....
You and your family have been in my thoughts this week...
Your blog friend
Tom
I have always wanted a pair of wooden shoes. Maybe I should come over to Marken and get a pair. Thanks for the great pictures
Thanks for the look around Marken. It seems almost like toy houses, but they are truly beautiful and as always your photos are superb.
Ray
I love how deep and rich the colors on the houses are. The old wooden shoes are so artistic. I enjoyed your M...
What a beautiful place! I must put Holland on my list of places to see.
I've always loved wooden shoes--especially the natural ones. These are lovely!
I forgot to tell you that I STILL don't have a date for my surgery. But that just means there are more people worse off than me. So I have to be patient. Thanks so much for asking! :D
Cute pictures of Marken. We visited Marken in 1972 when the boys were small. Believe it or not, I had never been there before
Truus
M for Marco van Basten or the loss of today´s football Match against Norway will even make your wooden shoes shaky
:)
a very beautiful post today. lots of wonderful photos and info. thanks
Wonderful these wooden shoes! I used them a lot before, but haven't any today. You?
Wat een prachtige serie foto's! Ik vind Marken zo'n mooie plaats!
Thanks for all your reactions here some answers from me for you:
* Runee, No you did not like the wooden shoes? You might not have weared them the right way (right=): wear them with thick goatwoolen-socks, the-shoes must be also 2 sizes bigger than your original shoe size...
* Petrus, That was an interesting tour you named here, I know that area, its called "Zuiderzee" thats right. You might have visited 'Marken' maybe 'Volendam' or Muiden/ Muiderberg? ,I just quess..
*Old wom/TOM,yes me too 'washing day' was mostly on Mondays, but we have dryers right now. (no wash is hanging outdoors) But on Marken the time seems to 'stand still', thanks my friend, for my family thoughts.
* Richies, Do so!Please Come/hop over to Holland, you can buy wooden shoes everywhere i all cities/shops, In Amsterdam, Utrecht, The Hague, not only in Marken...
* Thanks Crete/Ray , it are REAL house yes yes! Thanks for your compliments and interest.
* Thanks Ellen, its really typical Dutch, believe me..
* leslie-1), Yes put Holland on your list,you're welcome!
* Leslie-2) I hope you feel OK and that the surgery may helping you, your back.. Take care.
*Kim ,You like the natural kinds? Oh yes I like the natural ones the most too.
* Trudy/Truus , 1972 wow! Thats a while ago , a lot of Dutch people never have seen places in their own country, strangly enough, so I believe what you say is 'normal'I was never in the Dutch "Keukenhof'(Keukenhof is a Dutch BIG fower-garden with many many Tulips: (Note: for other readers'") before, but with a overseas family-member I went there for the first time..:)So you see?
* Arnea, Oh Marco an Basten???? Did they loose from Norway? wow! haha yes here the wooden shoes are maybe shaky from that result,But my honestly CONGRATS for Norway, your footballteam only wun this time... watch it!!:)
* Evlahos, your very welcome my friend I am glad to show you more.
*Peter, What do you think? Yes we have them but use them to hang on the wall filled with plants, as a decoration... But farmers are still wearing them daily , to wear them on the (wet) land. Even the farmer here in the neighbourhood with his(my!) cows (the cows in front of my house) he is bking with his wooden shoes still on, when I can I make a photo from him, I do that for you, to show here on my blog..
JoAnn's D Eyes
Fantastic photos, typical sights of Holland.
Thank you for the tour of Marken.
What a beautiful place.
I really enjoyed the wooden shoes displayed at the front door of one of the houses with the names of everyone in the family painted on each shoe.
Bear((( )))
What a great collection...
That's quite a place...
Love the shot of the wooden shoes screwed to the wall...
Seems to be an interesting place to visit .... typical houses ... loved the detail of clothes drying in the wind!
And the wooden shoes are really great.
Neva and Dot were always given full permission on WORLD PHOTOS.
So they can check that out.
Me, as you can see, I've popped out.
For the reasons you know.
I love vernacular architecture... and this houses are great...
they look like storybook houses! I especially like the one with the washing line.
Fantastic photos! Great post!
very charming, Joann :)
Thank you for the tour of the charming little village. I love the quaint homes and the entire feel of the place.
I hope you and your family are doing better and my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.
What a great post. I LOVE the shoes.....and the houses.....very fun.....
Great Photos. Your profile and the.. 'joann's passion..why through blogging'.. sounds like me too. haha..
What a charming a lovely place - the clogs are so decorative. My wife bought some Yorkshire clogs years ago but then her feet swelled up so they never got worn.
Just got your message and of course I can link you... you should have emailed earlier and then you would not have to worry..
Tom
wooden shoes... cool. :O
Nice M post and great photos.
Nice "Sky Watch" today.
Come visit our , Horizontal Light.
Troy and Martha
Amazing photos all around!~ Mine is posted HERE. Happy SWF!~
Love all your shoe photos and the cute little houses. I couldn't find the place to comment for SkyWatch, so will comment about that here as well. Beautiful shots, especially the one with the butterfly!
That last shot of the butterfly poised for takeoff is brilliant!
wonderful images and post.
Thanks for all the photos JoAnn, perfect as usual . . .
But I have been thinking about Marken. Something in the old brain keeps telling me that I have been there, and I have.
It must be more than forty years ago, but I remember travelling out from Amsterdam with some friends to Marken for the festival. This festival was the re-enactment of a battle with the English. There were lots of little boats dressed up to be like battleships and sure enough, a battle was staged just off the sea front of Marken, I swear it was Marken . . .
The English lost the battle (of course) and there was great celebration and some fine drinks. I think I was the only English person there so I received great sympathy. Ah well, just a memory now.
Thanks again
Ray
Wonderful informative and such superb images for both themes. I would rather look at clogs than wear them.
Lovely pictures!
I do love the first klompen picture.
Didn't find a place to comment on your "fly away" post, so I do it here! Have a nice week in Portugal (shouldn't be too difficult)!
Very pretty shots oh interesting ones.
Wonderful scenes! I'm happy to see them! Enjoy your holiday!
Greetings from Iowa, U.S.A. We have the wonderful Dutch-founded town of Pella in our state. Home to The Pella Tulip Festival every May.
Happy SkyWatching!
Thanks for commenteing We arrived well in PORTUGAL!!!
JoAnn ( Have to pay to read this)
JoAnn, these are your best pictures ever! I really enjoyed them. I was thinking of dropping by to see you but you never seem to be home (just kidding of course!). Have fun!
Hi JoAnn! I’m glad I could take some time to get to your wonderful blog! This time to be rewarded with you in Portugal! Hope you're having a great time, though the weather doesn't seem that good.! ;(
Marken & Volendam were a tourist must for my second time in Holland (1976)... Amazing! ;))
Want to have a look at a magic place: Delos, Apollo’s birthplace and home to Dionysus sanctuary? Blogtrotter has it! ;))
Hope you enjoy! Have a great weekend!
Wow... just one word. GREAT!!! wonderful pict. congratulation.
We are back home after a full week holiday in Portugal's PRAIA da ROCHA... a nice place to be, with rocks and fine sandy beaches...
Thanks for all your comments, only it was so hard ( not easy) to read your comments, in PORTUGAL there were no hotspots, just payed spots at the HOTEL for 20 euro's a day, ehhhh! So I did not really feel the need to read my post's nor emails or else,can you imagine?
So at home I could enjoy reading your comments, THANK YOU for your interest in Holland...and thank you for your patience...
Greetings JoAnn's D Eyes
Post a Comment