© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Tuesday, February 03, 2009

CROWN don't make me say CHEESE. & inCOOL weather: skating on frozen CANALS

Join <---- click For theme's with C . <---- click to see worldwide bloggers

________________________________________________

Why do I not say "Cheese? "
JoAnn's "complex 'Crown'story"
Sometimes you have 'to do' stuffs, not that you like it, but it MUST be done...

Last week a teeth on my rigth-above row broke spontaniously....
*
oooow and after that, a lot of visits are planned";

MY 1th visit at the dentist, he made a photo of my teeth, drilled an filled my root canal (so that the nervecanal is death) the dentist added a filling inside, on top of that he added a kind of white temporary stuffing. Yep! all under local anaesthesia (I was glad they did!) 2 th. visit was to look at my HOLE again.That temporarly teethfilling, felt out this week again, just by eating a grape - thats nuts!- but the dentist said "that that was n't a problem" at all, the nerves were death and I couldn't feel any pain , not now and not in the nearby future ....eeeeh Don't make me laugh because my mouth was weak after the 1th visit for 3 hours,

hahah oooh no!oooow DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH! I have a HOLE in my mouth, So really ...PLEASE don't make me laugh! :( On the 3th dentist visit ,than the dentist will make ( within 60 minutes) a print -bite- of my upper row of teeth. ! In between the 2th and 3th visit my teeth"bite" goes to an dental mechanic , to make my CROWN FINNALY The 4th visit is planned on february 27th , than a crown will be placed on top.

Thank you SO much! Completed teeth .... AFTER 6 weeks walking with a hole...


Above: Process of repairing , watch from from left to the right how teeth are reapaired ...
......Say Not, or Do say...

Better Don't make me smile NOW, Don't make me say: " CHEESE!"
FINALLY !
I HOPE I can smile again..." and without a HOLE I say: Cheese"
*

_______________________________________________________
Part 2
Its COOL in Holland because its WINTER- Windmills & Skating on Ice

Above: What is more Dutch than a windmill on the sides of a "frozen"canal?
No, its NOT over yet! This morning it had been frozen so hard again ,that thisperson tried to skate a lonely tour on his own , not everywhere in Holland it has frozen this good, so better watch it because you go skating or walking on the ice....

Finally Its Always a happy ending :
Because even with a closed mouth (with missing teeth) you can skate on ICE,
SMILE you are on the camera's eyes.
*
And?
What about you blogreader?

How are you doing with YOUR teeth?

Happy ABC +World - week-wishes,
By "JoAnn's D Eyes"
Thank your for your comments

45 comments:

Richard Lawry said...

I recently had a root canal. What fun! :)

An Arkie's Musings

PeterParis said...

Obviously your first crown! :-) (I have some experience. No problem with the dentist, as far as the insurance more or less covers the costs! :-))

... and yes, the winter continues; snow in Paris again!

Amrita said...

Good pictures JoAnn.
My teeth are doing OK for the moment. Iam so scared of the dentist.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

thanks for commenting:

* Richies, OOh I was reading about the rootcaal treatment on other peoples'blog also, so we are not the only ones..

* Peter, sorry if I misleaded you , this is not my firts crown but my tirth, however the first 2 were placed 10 years ago I quess, so it "feels'like my first hah.

* Amrita, I am very scared of teethpain too, I did not say that , but I really am...

Greetings + thanks from JoAnn
(blogauthor)

antigoni said...

I'm sorry but you made me laugh!
Awesome story and photos.

Janie said...

I don't think anyone likes going to the dentist, but I guess we can't put it off forever...
Great photos of the windmill and skater.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

JoAnn: Neat captures of the skater and the windmill. Sorry to hear about the dentist trip. Hope you are all well.

EG CameraGirl said...

Sorry about your tooth. EW! Not a nice experience...who LIKES to go to the dentist?

Hope the skater is not skating on thin ice. He should come to Canada where the ice is thick for sure. ;-)

Louise said...

Love your canal pictures.

I have to give you my sympathies about the dentist. Honestly, I'd rather get a PAP smear daily than go to the dentist even twice a year. But FOUR VISITS for a crown? That's even worse. Glad it's almost all over.

antigoni said...

We didn't have a sunny day in all our three days trip. But we like rain and snow when we are in the nature. The smell of the wet leaves is great.

Anonymous said...

I hate going to the dentist. Great shots of the windmill and frozen pond.

imac said...

No I cant skate - only on my bum.lol.
Great shots and a wonderful windmill,
As for the dentist, I hate it, I wouldnt like to go thru all that rigmarole.

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy looking at your frozen world.

Oh dental visits are not the most pleasant things we do, but as you said they must be done.

Reader Wil said...

How beautiful your photos are. They create a real winter scene. I can feel the wind. Have a wonderful weekend.

maryt/theteach said...

Joann, we have to go through the same thing when we break a tooth too! I hope your teeth look like that last picture on the right! :)

SandyCarlson said...

You made me laugh and smile. I hope the tooth is OK. I enjoyed the ice and the windmill, too.

SaraG said...

Great pics and post. What a high tech dentist chair you pictured!
Take care.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what the ice skating and windmill had to do with cheese. I was expecting a shot of someone eating cheese not saying cheese.
:-)

Unknown said...

Jo-Ann love the skater and so sorry about your tooth! Love your choice of music, Robbie Rules!

Anonymous said...

ice looks thin to be skated on but I'm not the best judge for that. Errr...what's a dentist? hehehe! Dentist visits for me are tortures.

Barbara said...

I hate the dentist and rarely go!

Leanne said...

I really hate the dentist for 2 reasons 1 is they cost a lot and 2 because I just don't like them. Love your cold pictures they are very refreshing as it is very hot here in Aust.

??? said...

Beautiful pictures, I'm cold just from looking at them.
I'm procrastinating a visit to the dentist and I guess that I'll have to pay for it sooner or later. But then, since the health ensurance doesn't cover most tooth stuff here anymore, I'll pay for it anyway.

Texel in vogelvlucht. Gerard said...

Fraaie schaatsfoto's. Ik hoop dat je weer lachend door het leven kan gaan met je nieuwe tand.
Mijn Blog is vanaf nu in tweeën gesplitst. Vliegerfoto's op mijn oude Blog, en rechts staat een link naar mijn andere Blog, met alle gewone foto's. Gerard's fotografie.
Groetjes

Marijke said...

Jak, jak, maar goed het wordt weer hersteld.
Wat duurt dat trouwens bij jou lang. Bij mij was het in twee weken klaar.
Nou ja, als het maar mooi wordt...vast wel.

Groetjes
Marijke

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thanks....

* Antigoni 1< I'm glad I made YOU laugh!
Antoigoni 2 , OOw I'm sorry that all your days were rainy, but you enjoyed the wet smell eeeh?

* Janie, I know now (since I red all the answers) That no-one likes the dentist, But skating is OK :)

* F Guy, Thanks and no sorry its reality but thanks,

* Your EGTG , Who? No-one I quess, yes the skater WAS skating, don't you see?:0

*Louise, Thanks for the dentist, oooow your , idea is good Give me a PAP too (whats a PAP?)

* Carver< Thanks

*Inac, hahah better be carefull , dutch wm's are great , and thanks you hate the dentist too, this make me not the only one...

* Ewok1993 , Thanks , yes true must be done :)

* R Wil, Thanks , I lover winterscene's great you feel the wind?

* Maryteach, Oh I wish you all the strenght you need, lets hold hands!

* SandyC, Smiling is OK , so go-one doing that Thanks for the compliments

* Sara, Thanks and dentist is yak I know,

* 2 Sweetsax, Now you know eeeh, say Cheese is my smile:)

* Brit GalSarah, Thanks and no sorry teeth brake they do it theirselfs...

* Marites, whatever if you can judge or not, ICE is fun...Dentist's not :)

* Starnitesky, I agree!!!

* Leanne, I did not ask the price for this crown, but I wquess its not cheap.. Thanks for the compliment.

* Jedediah, Yeh it can be cold on ice, but we dress on that, ooof yes paying the dentist I have that soon too.

* Gerard, Dankje voor het compliment, het duurt nog even voordat ik mijn kroon heb. en ik zal je 2e blog bekijken

* Marijke, Ja dat het 4 bezoeken aan de tanarts is verbaasde mij ook, maar toch moet het, het wordt vast mooi Hoop ik :)


Thanks for your comments,
Bedankt voor je reakties,

JoAnn (JoAnn's D Eyes) Blogauthor

Lene said...

I was afraid of dentists for years - until I met the lovley lady who takes care of my teeth now. It`s like peace of cace to go to the dentist - so just give me a crown or two ;))

Rune Eide said...

It seems to me that your dentist knows what he is doing. He is probably a cool dentist...

Fotosekken said...

My dentist always give a little discount so I can go buy some sticky candy. =o) Nice C's!

photowannabe said...

Ohhhh, I don't want to think about this. I have to have one done too. I promise I won't make you say cheese.

Michelle said...

I got a crown last week! Ouch!!! I love your other photos. Beautiful.

naturglede/Randi Lind said...

My teeth are allright, and I visit my dentist regularely.Love your last photo:) Have a fun abc!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your crown :0) Oh I dread the day...
The winter shots are amazing...

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

haha Joann, you can make evevn a root canal sound funny!!!!!! My teeth are doing okay as of today...you know what, my dad is a dentist :DDDDD
your windmills make me swoon.....i would love to visit Netherlands again some time in life: the last I visited was 2 years ago.

have an ache-free week :)

Loran said...

Windmills, ice and TULIPS? Guess we have to wait for spring. Hope you have recovered from the dental torture.

Tumblewords: said...

Good job on the teeth - they are magnificent! The ice skater photos are beautiful, as well. About my teeth - thanking them everyday for staying with me.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Very interesting "C" post, JoAnn. The skater and windmill photos are wonderful.

Unknown said...

I have mine redone about a year ago. The old one was done about 10 years ago. Did the dentist tell you how long will yours last? Hope yours will last forever!!

GMG said...

Hi JoAnn! So, the hole is gone. Great achievement!!! No crowns here... ;))
Lovely skating pictures...

You can’t imagine what you’re missing at Blogtrotter now! Lol!!
Have a great week!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thank you:

* Lene. You were before afraid too, I want your dentist!

* RuneE, Yeh COOL he is , :)

* Fotosekken, hmmm with sticky candie my other teeth will fall out....Thasts why he is giving you money for candies? gOOD FOR HIS INCOME.

*Phowa, Thanks so much I won't,

* Michelle, You too so togetehr we have a lot of crowns though I have 3 more...

* Naturglede, Glad your's are, thank for the compliment,

* EllenB, More wintershots are coming up!

* Moi, Heeh how are you? Well I hope you can visit hollan more often than...

* Mounain mam, Tulips will coming up in April/May, by that time I have my regular dentist visits

* Tumblewords, Yes iceskating is great to do. better thank your teeth..:)

* Pat, Thanks

* Bradley, Redone? I hope I have not my crowns redone , noh! I hope mine will last forever.

* Gil (gmg) I was't able to visit you , but I have seen your blog and photo's about India , |I won;t forget about your blog..:)

HAVE A GREAT WEEK blogvisiters

Greetings from JoAnn ( blogauthor)

Anonymous said...

I love this post. Your canals are so pretty. Ice skating is exhilarating. I hope your tooth feels better soon!

Neva said...

hubby had a crown done yesterday..and he was not amused.....not a fun day for him....nice post!how's your mom?

Dragonstar said...

Owww! I broke two front teeth when I was in school, and 18 months ago I fell and smashed more. It hurt! I hope yours heals well.

Anonymous said...

Going to the dentist is not fun - period :-)

I loved the canal pics and it show why the Netherlands are that good in speed skating. There is the World Championship in Hamar, Norway the coming weekend, you know :-)

Anonymous said...

It's seems that we all are getting an unusual amount of snow this year.

In any case, I'm glad you're smiling at your world again.