© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Monday, January 18, 2010

Awsome Holland: Sun on frozen water , its Skating time.....


******************************

Awsome! Holland
Sun on Frozen water,
Its "Skating Time"



Glad there is a little Sunlight , Icecold it is on frozen water,

Having fun with skating , Thats only possible on ICE


.... Or, When you don't like skating.....

One can Just Walk on Ice...


Boats are laying still on Frozen water

So AWSOME!

Its SKATING time in Holland!

******

Happy Day/week/Weekend wishes

From JoAnn's D Eyes

*

Thank you for your comments

26 comments:

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hello Dear Blogvisiter,

As promissed here some Ice impressions from Holland, what ever one like to do in WINTER its possible, its cold but the snow and Ice are fun too.... Skating, Walking or what-so-ever! In weekends we can enjoy the snow and Ice, on weekdays (when going to work) its less fun, but who care's now -with freetime or weekend- its funtime!!!

Good day-week-weekendwishes
From JoAnn/Blogauthor

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

Lovely play of wintry shadows and light! Even the sky looks icy blue!

Al said...

I really like the first picture - it looks cold but fun and captures the scene perfectly. I remember skating on the canals and ponds on the rare occasions they froze when I was growing up. This post brings back memories.

LV said...

Loves seeing your ice skating areas. They really make a pretty picture with the sun shining down.

Carolyn Ford said...

I especially like the reflected light on the ice of the first photograph...and, the shadows of the skaters are awesome.

Anonymous said...

a pleasure on the ice .. wonderful zest for life*Manuela

Anonymous said...

snow has a funny side too. beautiful captures

Amrita said...

Brilliant shot of the ice lake. People can enjoy this sport braving the cold. I wish I knew how to skate

Erin said...

wow...look at all the people enjoying skating and playing...neat.
have a wonderful weekend

Hildred said...

Wonderful photos, and they make me very nostalgic for my skating days...

Trotter said...

Hi JoAnn! Sorry for the delay, but a new year always brings new troubles... ;)

Lucky girl skating... ;))

Meanwhile a new blog is born: Blogtrotter Two! Hope you enjoy at least as much as the previous version and look forward to reading your comments!
Have a great weekend!!! Gil

Gena @ Thinking Aloud said...

Icy cold indeed!
Gena @ thinking aloud
South AFrica

Stormblast1953 said...

Gewoon in het nederlands dan maar he!!
Mooie foto's van sneeuw en ijs.
We hadden vandaag in Groningen nog de hele dag sneeuw, maar nu lijkt het eindelijk (gelukkig!!) voorbij te zijn!!
Kijk ook eens bij mij zou ik zeggen!!
Hoi!!

AphotoAday said...

Looks like great fun but WAY too cold for me -- and I would never be able to master the techniques of skating... I'd bust an arm, leg, or hip for sure...

Jack and Joann said...

I admire folks who don't let old man winter keep them from having fun outside. Nice shots. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I like the skating scenes. Nice photos!

Sami said...

What beautiful photos!! I can really feel the chill looking at that ice. :)

Susan said...

Hi Joann,
So nice to see! Here in Vancouver Canada, we would also like some cold weather for the 2010 Olympics in February!

Oman said...

truly wonderful images. another place wandered. thanks for sharing these amazing shots.

Trotter said...

Hi JoAnn! Thanks for your comment at my new blog Blogtrotter Two, now at the Art Deco District in South Beach! Hope to read you there often! Have a great week ahead!!!

Kim, USA said...

I wanted to just walk I don't know how to ice skate. But I guess it's not too late to learn ^_^. Happy ice skating!

ABC Wednesday:Autograph

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi everyone
When you are wondering or asking to "how to ice skate": its just like rollerskate , but than a lot more slippery, You don't need body-power just let yourself g-o-o-o-o! And just be carefull that you don't fall, because Ice isn't very soft on your bud...

Maybe when the Ice is staying here in Holland we are considerring to skate the "eleven Town's tour"(thats a skate trip where you are passing 11 cities in Holland. ...

Thanks for the comments
Greetings from JoAnn (blogauthor)

RennyBA's Terella said...

That's how I imagination Holland in the winter time too!

But then again, I'm a Norwegian and speed skating is one of my fave sport :-)

Roger Owen Green said...

Last time I ice skated was to woo my now-wife. Not my strength; nor is any winter outdoor activities. But the photos are lovely.

On behalf of the ABC Wednesday team, which I just joined, thank you!

jay said...

I wouldn't like to skate, but your photos are indeed awesome!

Unknown said...

Love these. I've never been to a "real" outdoor ice-rink before!