Some people have to loose weight , others have to gain weight, for whatever personal reasons.... But for both (loose or gain) you need to make 'a Plan' or just being very diciplined. For example: I need to eat daily at least 3500 calories, with a lot of fruit/vitamine 's and also raw vegetables and fibers without 'gluten'. Right now I must eat a lot and rest a lot, to stay on a good weight , my weight is right now 57 kilo's , 1 month ago it went down to 55 kilo's, that was a bit to low because my lenght is 1.70 meters.. Years ago (around 1993) doctors found out that I had a chronical bowel desease (named Chrohn), first in my long bowel and later I got ulcers in my short bowel ( Colitus Ulcerosa) and the hospital took away a part of my short bowel, but it stays a weak point in my health. So my bowels are playing a 'kind of' important rule part in this diciplined life-style. No all people around you will understand (esspecially not my mother and sisters) how it feels to be tired very fast or that you cannot eat/drink everything. But when that's the worst part, I can live with it very well and also feeling happy! What was the worst part for me , was that I had to stop working full-time for 2 organisations. I loved working!! But my character is also more "positive thinking" , so I did not gave up my good mood immidiatly , and this way I made from my BIG hobby, my semi-Proffesion ( not payed).... Yes your quess is right, that's Digital Photography! The good thing of digital photography in my case is that I can do this+ the 'finishing touch' (working behind my PC) any time, and because I am not working for an organisation + the fact that I m not depended on Photography for an income, that together makes the pressure low, wich is good for me and my cretivity . This way I can do as I please....but also diciplined.
My pretty cousin Yvonne (see her blog) from Canada is doing a really great job in loosing weight by following a dieet. She also started to sport a lot like: she went biking when the weather is good, but now it is snowing in Canada , so its not easy to sport in Canada but she holds on on her own! I am SO proud of her, my compliments Yvonne!! So I told Yvonne ( see picture above) about my heavy-weight problems when I was 23, of course I am older now and I am having this stupid a bowel desease , and because of that I must be very carefull with what I do and don't eat because I loose weight very easy also I don't gain weight very easy... more the opposite ,I loose weight when I am not carefull with my dieet, so therefore its even MORE important to live healthy as a lifestyle..... Anyway I sticked to my idea wich started at a young age: I eat healthy and sport(or move) a lot to feel healthy , thats my life-style now for over 25 years.
But when I was youngh I was really too -over-heavy, so I first followed a serie of weekly classes to loose weight, ( YES I lost a lot of weight the healthy way, within 5 years andI felt a lot better ) Later I started to follow a WW-study to become a Weight-Watchers teacher. So for years I teached adults in weekly classes the following stuffs: WW this is NOT a dieet but also a life- style , I live this dieet-life , now for more than 25 years!
So here-under are my rules:
Rule 1: You can better move more and eat less....., ( because you have less time to eat when you move haha) ....than eat more and move less! Rule 2: Never-ever skip a meal!
Rule 3: Drink a lot (3 liters) a day , THE best is (mineral or tap) water.
Rule 4: There's always something to celebrate, but better stick on your dieet. (better bring your own food with you)
Rule 5: Keep dangerous/bad food outside your door. Don't buy junk-stuffs.
Rule 6: Moving: When possible move at least half an hour a day....
Rule 7: Accept that not everybody needs to loose/gain weight, is your party!!
Moving tips:
1-*In all kinds of weather:* Go walking at least for one hour a day .
You can use 'Nordic walking sticks': They are usefull to keep your balance, but you also move your arms and use your arm-muscles! .... or...take a dog they are helpfull to keep you in a good (walking) condition.
2-* When you get bored of walking (or running try) :'roller-skates' , or Go biking instead of going by car.
All above technics are very good for "burning fat-calories" or to get more-or-a-better spread energy, this is good for everybody sick or healthy. Sport's are good for more like: don't forget 'the look' of your bodyshape like your muscles... your body gets all over in better shape. THIS above rules I gave when I was a weight-watchers Trainee... but more important is: I live them myself too.
Me moving per day:
- 3 times a week I am going to the sportschool , I am sporting/moving 1 to 1 1/2 hour a time, in (named Gymn or fitness in Canada) sportschool, you are able to move your different muscle-groups. I am walking with my dog( small walks don't count) 2 big 'walking fast' of half an hour a day, but when you have no dog, walk with the Nordic Walking Sticks , or go/try running.
A diciplined life-style is not only for loosing weight but you have live that true all days-weeks-months , ALWAYS. Why? Because you want to be FEEL healthy , than you feel energic and happy!
Happy? Yes I mean happy ..... because when you are not satisfied with yourself you cannot or might not feel or be happy, than you cannot love or give your love to other people.
It's just a tip you might like to try, it doesn't hurt to feel happy, I like it.
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Diciplined life-style....
© photography & text by
Jo's-D-Eyes
op
11:43 PM
Labels/Onderwerpen Health-food-drinks..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great blog JoAnn, very informative. Yes you are a very positive person and also very diciplined. I give you credt for that.
I do hope your blog will inspire a lot of people, including me!
Love you Truus in Canada
Post a Comment