© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Thursday, November 16, 2006

Stress reducing...

How reduce Stress?
For me a daily life-question , since I found out that less strees is better for my health. People who know me better, know also that I have a bowle-desease ( no I don't want pity!!) so for me all kinds of stress are not good. My body won't take food for granted or in other words: I have to eat more than >> 3500 ( best is 5000 a day) calories and not less than<<>

What kind's of stress are easy to manage?
-My daily shedule: always good planning, I make a wishlist.
-Traveling-stress: take rest on time, drink enough water.
-Sporting, 1 day sport, 2th day rest,take it slow , drink enough water,
-Go walking daily for half an hour or when you can : take a dog..
-Visit some-one/body, make a good planning, leave the house on time,leave on time, don't hurry.
-When I get visiters, Tell your visiters that they leave on time ask for their help to assist you.
-The birth of a child; Yehhhjippie good stress!!
- Your own birthday or celebration days: Good planning also and ENJOY!!


Kinds of Stress Not easy to manage, I name a few:
-Relatives stress, like partner** or family*,
** your partners is "a peace of cake",
* family,is better to avoid, search for Good friends instead.
-Moving to another house/city, Good planning start2 months ahead,and just take it easy.
-Workstress, also good planning is THE best, teel others you need more time , be honest, when you feel sick... stay home to get better health.
-The dead of your partner, child , a familymember or your Pet, I have no advice because this is THE most difficult part in life but also ... it happens to everybody.
-Loosing your job for whatever reason : thats hard to manage***

Well loosing my job*** happens to me, now 10 years ago.... WOW that wasn't easy for me. Esspecially because I planned , not to take children but I rather had a job to develop myself. I lost my job because of my bowel desease. I did nothing as the above tips like; Stay home untill you feel better. Noho-o-o I kept on going on for two years (while feeling very sick) with my work. And why? ....Well I thought 'I cannot stay home because all my clients are waiting for me, that's the most stupid thing to do, but I did it. ( Mijn werk was : -dutch- Bedrijfs Maatschappelijk Werkster & Vertrouwenspersoon) My Loved my job as a company social worker... Yeh well how about me? Anyway I came into the mill of ' getting out of the job', not that I wanted so, but it had to go a difficult way... Haha knowing me and being sick? NO WAY, not me!

But okay now 10 yesr later I feel still sick, but I can manage it better, I 'll better get away from the bad stress ( like *) and I also avoid bad stress as much as possible. Not that I walk away from it Oh no! But I cannot change eveything the way I like it, I cannot change other people. But I can change my own habit, how I go-on with everything in life. So I found postive family (in Canada) instead of negative family over-here. I went since last year Oktober 3 to 4 times a week to the Sportschool for exercise, for a better condition. I do feel much better since I do my sporting exercise's 3 times a week!! Not that my health is better but I (my body) can manage my desease much better. I have a better condition overall. I also have learned to tell other people like family, friends who-ever how I feel, without blaming or hurting anybody, because it is my 'problem'. I enjoy now 'working' in the photography, but also with that it's better to shedule my time good, and thats what I am doing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoi JoAnn,

Het is eindelijk gelukt deze pagina op mijn scherm te krijgen en dus kan ik even een woordje schrijven.
Je hebt in elk geval ook tijd om eindeloos te schrijven op je weblog...tjonnge wat een verhalen en dan ook nog in het engels. Hoe krijg je het voor elkaar.
Wel erg leuk om te lezen.
Ik hoop dat je nog een leuke dag hebt gehad de 14e. Ik lees er niets over...
Ik hoop dat het verder goed met je gaat. k mail verder nog wel privé.
Doeg, dikke knuf
Marijke

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Marijke,
Dankjewel. Kijk voor mijn verjaardags-avonturen onder 2 weekenden 1)7 november:"this weekend", zaterdag vrienden en zondag familie op bezoek. 2)12 november:"interesting The hague", dat was mijn weekend met bert, Op de dag zelf, 3): (14november niet in blogger) had ik een vriendin op koffie-bezoek, ook heel gezellig!
Verder dacht ik:
Ik ga eens wat 'serieuzer' dingen schrijven , 'Het echte leven' haha.
Liefs JoAnn

Trudy said...

Since we are so alike, I am guilty of "keep going", gogogogo!
Sometimes a person needs to be a bit selfish and take care of one self.
I have done that this week and I feel a lot better.

Love you
Truus