© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Switserland: Why 'WIndow-siloettes' don't move with the wind....

SWITSERLAND - WINDOWS
& narrow streets in SION

Seen in Switerland- SION
This covered windows , I had to show this to you to give an impression of the 'Old style" houses in Sion.
*
For Judi: Judi was asking me : "If the (yesterdays) siloettes could move with the wind?"
The yesterdays silouettes are cutted from WOOD and therefore very heavy....... I promised Judi, to show the Blinds in my today's post, because with a better CLOSE_UP you can see how heavy those window-blinds are, and judge for yourself, they are VERY HEAVY! (the silouettes from the yesterdays theatre too!) Therefore the silouettes & blinds won't be able at all to move with the wind....
*
End of story about window-blinds in SION:)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

very beautiful composition. i really like this old style covered windows, even they give a forgotten tone

CG said...

What a great variety of styles, shapes and colours. I really like these.

judi/Gmj said...

Thanks Joann, that answered my question completely. I really like the peeling paint on todays blinds.
They look serious, not fussy. Nice though. Sturdy, "life can't beat me down" kind of blinds. Like us dear friend, huh? :)

Aarti said...

hi JoAnn

its been a while since i was here.. was caught in a bubble...:)

Lovely new pics.. and Ios is adorable indeed.. hugsss

Anonymous said...

Joann this is a great variety of styles and shapes making them great photos!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and colourful composition. The touch gives a nice rustic feeling. Excellent!

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Daniel J Santos said...

excellent images, excellent moments, well done.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

wonderful wonderful wonderful!
Best of luck with your shoulder surgery. I have a creaky shoulder from exercise weight mis use :(

Unknown said...

now you've hit my heart... Great photos of Switzerland..

And I do wish you a speedy recovery..

I found you from Zhu's page. :)