Above: The famous Townhouse of NAARDEN
Above: Naarden- The Old Farmacie building
*
The area in Holland where we live is called " Het Gooi en de Vechtstreek Click on the link to read more..." On walking-distance of my house is the little VESTING-town NAARDEN, a beautiful OLD little city with very old historical buildings . 2 of them are really impressing me because of their shapes, and they look even better because of their famous brown/orange brick stone. In Holland you can see everywhere this type of brick-stones ,they use it for building factories and houses in the 2 colours Brown-orange and even yellow Brickstones . (The designer Berlage designed houses with this type of stones and he also used black a lot) Always when I am abroad in the SOUTH of Europe ( Like: Spain,Greece, France,Italy) I wonder why their houses are always so lovely with their pastle soft colours..... But I also like this tough brown-ornage stone type, its so typical or Holland. Can you imagine why I like to live here? I do!
*
Wishing you a GOOD weekend ,
Enjoy every day as it is your last!



7 comments:
You guys are so nice to stop and leave generous comments about my work.
I love what I do. It is super-special to be able to be alive, retired, own everything and be free from pain. Just imagine that.
I am nuts about my wife after 53 years of being married and us having 5 children; three of whom are half a century old or older. Think about it.
Your work is inspirational to me. I come to repay your visit, or start a new one with you, and I see what you have photographed. I read what you have written. I am a person of ideas and the wheels begin to turn and tomorrow one of my blog posts will be published because of what I saw here first.
Abraham Lincoln
—Brookville Daily Photo
Hi JoAnn!
Beautiful pictures of your neighbourhood!
Hope you're feeling better now!
Have been missing you at Blogtrotter, now on its last post on Santiago de Compostela! Wish you a wonderful weekend!
I like this brick made facades!
Thanks,
* Abraham for you nice words, you are a wise man..
* GIL gmg, I watched you blog and I a fascinating alwaysthanks for your visit,
*Quint, as always my true visiter, yes they/the bricks make facades.
Thankyou from JoAnn
This is a beautiful building and I love the angle that you have taken these photos from. I also like to take photos from unusual angles.
You are doing a great job with the Nokia.
Hope your shoulder will start healing soon.
lvs from a cold South Africa
Lc
Thank you
*Elsie, I try to recover (my shoulder) as quick as is possible , tho it will take another couple of moths I'm afraid so...Please show some of your pic's from buildings ( in another angle) from/in your country?
JoAnn
Fabulous architecture! I really like your song choices on your blog. I want to keep it up and just keep listening.....
Post a Comment