© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"H" for History of Heineken's-Beer & Brewery



WHAT is ABC? The idea is simply, that a group of bloggers all post each Wednesday on a specific letter of the alphabet on your blog .To participate,SIGN IN on Tuesday-evening at 20.00 at Mister Linky blog VISIT-other participants on the Anthology blog (C)ABC Wednesdayround3 is conceived by Denise Nesbitt )
______________________________________________________


WELCOME AT JOANN'S "Abc = H"
ToDAY IS the 'H' is for HEINEKEN BEER

The History of Heineken
The Heineken-BEER story began more than 140 years ago in 1864 when Gerard Adriaan Heineken acquired a small brewery in the heart of Amsterdam. Four generations of the Heineken family have been passionately involved in the expansion of the Heineken brand and the Company throughout the world.


***

(Heineken bottle cap)


Heineken is one of the world’s great brewers and is committed to growth and remaining independent. The brand that bears the founder’s family name – Heineken – is available in almost every country on the planet and is the world’s most valuable international premium beer brand.
***
Heineken aims to be a leading brewer in each of the markets in which we operate and to have the world’s most prominent brand portfolio. Our principal brands are Heineken® and Amstel®. In addition to these, we have more than 170 international, regional, local and specialty beers around the globe, brewing a Group beer volume of 139.2 million hectolitres. Our other leading brands include Cruzcampo®, Tiger®, Żywiec®, Birra Moretti®, Ochota®, Primus® and Star®.




(Heineken beer in Heineken-glass)
Heineken
has the widest presence of all international brewers, thanks to our global network of distributors and 119 breweries in more than 65 countries. In Europe we are the largest brewer and distributor of beverages.



Heineken's global coverage is achieved through a combination of wholly-owned companies, licence agreements, affiliates and strategic partnerships and alliances. Some of our wholesalers also distribute wine, spirits and soft drinks. Our brands are well established in profitable, mature markets, whilst the popularity of our beers is growing daily in emerging beer markets.
Marketing excellence and innovation are key components of our growth strategy. In everything we do, it is the consumers and their changing needs that is at the heart of our efforts.


***


(Heineken-beer bottles on "the rocks" (ice)
Heineken
also fully acknowledge their role in society. Social responsibility and sustainability underpin everything they do. Heineken will continue expanding initiatives to combat alcohol abuse and misuse and we will work hard to reach the highest environmental standards in the industry.
***


(3 sizes-types of bottles)


Note: Heineken is so very famous and DUTCH that i had to post something about this brand of beer.... When I'm really thirsty My favorite drinks are; cold water (how boring but refreshing cool) or pots of tea and many brands of coffee... I do not drink any beer , though sometimes I like to drink a wine or port for dessert (after dinner), companioned with some fine French cheese. How about you? what do you like to drink?
Cheers to everybody!
*
Visit other Abc's participants here
Greetings from JoAnn's D Eyes

&

THANK YOU for your Comments

32 comments:

Neva said...

What a great "H". I do like Heineken. Hope all is well in your part of the world!

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

I'd rather have a cup of tea

cheers all the same

Anonymous said...

What a fun choice for H! now will you please pass me a Heineken, the large bottle please :0)

Marina said...

A cold Heineken is the best drink at the hot summer nights!!!

Ivar Østtun said...

Great H. And of course the best beer :-)

Reader Wil said...

Wat een goed idee om over Heineken te schrijven!. Mijn oudste dochter drinkt graag een biertje en van haar hoor ik wel eens wat merknamen. Leuke inzending voor H! Ik probeer zoveel mogelijk mijn vakantie foto's te gebruiken, dus dit keer die uit Hong Kong.

Texas Travelers said...

Great "H" post with nice photos.

Thanks for the visit.
Your friends,
Troy and Martha

Tom said...

Ha!... I have drunk many a pint of this fine lager... ice cold it is so refreshing... ha! great posting.

Tom

Buddhist in Training said...

Great ABC, but you have given me a thirst!! Especially with all those photos!

Anonymous said...

I like coffee better than beer in a bottle. Though I would drink a bottle of Sapporo Beer. Nice photos of the beer bottles.

I only have one "H" for my post today. I hope you like it. I put it on Canon Pixels

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thanks for reacting/commenting,

I will answer and reply on all your comments later...

But ehh I am not drinking any brand of beers myself ,maybe once in a while I prefere a cold wine (only with french cheese for dessert) or port is ok too, but when I'm thirsty I love drinking (water too, :) how boring but thats a great drink!)) and tea or coffee , that are really my favorite drinks :)

Greetings JoAnn's D eyes

Leslie: said...

I'm not a beer lover, but Heineken was my late husband's favourite! :D

photowannabe said...

I don't drink but on occasion my beer of choice would be a Heineken. Thank you for all the information about its beginnings.
My H post will be up in a few hours.

Sherrie said...

I am not a beer drinker. Give me a large fountain coke instead!!! Love the photos, they are great!

Suzanne said...

Perfect H for the end of summer here in Connecticut.

Kim from Hiraeth said...

I'm not a beer drinker, either, but I do like wine, port and sherry.

But my favorite beverage is coffee. Sadly, I can only have one cup in the morning. : (

Anonymous said...

i don't really drink beer. prefer red wine. :) lovely beer images though... quite refreshing to look at.

Bear Naked said...

Wonderful choice for ABC Wednesday letter H.
My husband (the beer drinker in our family) approves of your post.
Cheers

Bear((( )))

Rinkly Rimes said...

I'm not a beer drinker but your photos almost made me wish I were. A very original 'H'.

PeterParis said...

I can understand your H choice, as Dutch! Heineken is perhaps the worldwide most known beer brand together with Bud? Your post makes good publicity!! I'm not a beer specialist, but Heineken and Bud are in my mind perhaps not the best beers in the world? ... but as I said, I'm not a big beer fan (only exceptionally on hot summer day). My preference in order would be water, champagne, red wine, white wine, (strong) coffee, orange juice...!

AphotoAday said...

Ah yes, it's a very good and clean lite lager...
I'll only have a beer very occasionally these days, but I do have abundant memories...

Jane Hards Photography said...

Cheers to you for a very different and comprehensive post.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Cheers to you for a very different and comprehensive post.

Anonymous said...

WOW! You put a lot of work in this post! Thanks for sharing. I learned a lot. I have never drank this kind of beer.

Texel in vogelvlucht. Gerard said...

Ik ben eigenlijk wel een echte Amstel-drinker, maar van deze foto's krijg ik toch wel erg veel dorst.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmm I am thirsty now. This is the perfect "H"

Kim said...

I'm not a fan of beer, but I do enjoy history. Thanks for the information.

Cathy said...

Great choice for H.. Their have been a lot of great ideas so far. I like it.

mrsnesbitt said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm! We drank this in France. The only french we needed was "2 beers" LOL!
Great post.
Thanks

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

CHEERS !!!
For all my dear blog friends,

Thanks for all your yummie (thursty?) reactions, I am really in the mood for a COOL refreshing water with lemon and ice....

Happy greetings from

JoAnn's D Eyes

Marja said...

Wij hebben de Heiniken fabrieken bezocht met school en bier gedronken. Heineken wordt hier veel verkocht

Marijke said...

mmm

Geef mij maar Grolsch

Marijke