.....ON tuesday at 19.30 Britisch time , you can join us ABC bloggers by signing in here or maybe you like to enjoy watching the ANTHOLOGY blog here
_______________________________
_______________________________
*
ABC : The " T " for Traditions ,
ABC : The " T " for Traditions ,
*
Above: Yesterdays answer...Yes "Its a Christmas decoration Ball"
*
In yesterdays post I showed you this My Personal taste of Christmas Tradition: I like several Christmas-ball decorations ,from different materials in gold and red colours....(see also below) You could see a bit of my backyard garden, at that post I let you look through the Christmas-ball. can you see it now?
*
*
Above: A creative (photoshop) mixture with my 4 types of Christmas decorations
*
Under: A CLEAR mixture of our Christmas Decoration.....

Above: As you can see I like Christmas decoration in 2 colours: Red and gold
Under: A CLEAR mixture of our Christmas Decoration.....

Above: As you can see I like Christmas decoration in 2 colours: Red and gold
*
HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR CHRISTMAS DECORATION?
HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR CHRISTMAS DECORATION?
__________*__________
Meaning of Traditions
The word tradition comes from the Latin traditionem, acc. of traditio which means :
Meaning of Traditions
The word tradition comes from the Latin traditionem, acc. of traditio which means :
"a giving up, delivering up, surrendering,
and is used in a number of ways in the English language: Beliefs or customs taught by one generation to the next, often orally.
For example, we can speak of the tradition of :
sending birth announcements,
or Dutch Traditions such as;
in Holland we give flowers on any -coffee-visit.
we like to do our small shopping on a bike-car- ,
we like walking on wooden shoes,
we give our visiters 3 kisses as a greeting,
visiters are "not welcome 'around dinner time
(but we like to see our visiters always on any time!)
*
A set of customs or practices. For example, we can speak of Christmas traditions, with a Christmas tree or Christmas decoration and fireworks at the old/new years eve....
Above: A Christmas Tradition "making the Dinner table cosy with candles"
*
In some cultures/coountries People make the table looking cosy,
with special Decoration,
using candles on the dinner-table,
in the lvingroom is standing a Christmas tree with lights,
*
A broad religious movement made up of religious denominations or church bodies that have a common history, customs, culture, and, to some extent, body of teachings. For example, one can speak of Islam's Sufi tradition or Christianity's Lutheran tradition. However, on a more basic theoretical level, tradition(s) can be seen as information or composed of information. For that which is brought into the present from the past, in a particular societal context, is information. This is even more fundamental than particular acts or practices even if repeated over a long sequence of time. (source Wikipedia)
A broad religious movement made up of religious denominations or church bodies that have a common history, customs, culture, and, to some extent, body of teachings. For example, one can speak of Islam's Sufi tradition or Christianity's Lutheran tradition. However, on a more basic theoretical level, tradition(s) can be seen as information or composed of information. For that which is brought into the present from the past, in a particular societal context, is information. This is even more fundamental than particular acts or practices even if repeated over a long sequence of time. (source Wikipedia)
*
THANK YOU for your comments





17 comments:
Very nice blog JoAnn for this CHRISTmas season, please not X-mas,:-(.
I wish I could cellebrate Christmas and New Years Eve with you and Bert. Gezellig oliebollen bakken, lekkere stank, hahaha!
Love you
Truus
That was more about Tradition then I have ever thought about - and that gave me even more reason to think :-)
Those decorations fitted very nicely in - thank you for sharing your traditions with us!
Lovely decorations, but I'd never have thought that the first picture was that lovely christmas ball.
A marvellous seasonal post. Loved the photos.
My first time on ABC. With no Linky, you can find me here.
You are quite an artist; your decorations are exquisite.
Adelaide in Photos
Very artistically themed post.
Very interesting information and the beautiful pictures bring me straight into the christmas spirit
Beautiful Christmas decoration traditions. the red and gold look so rich.
A cozy table setting is perfect for a wonderful Christmas meal.
Excellent ABC post and My world post, too.
Seeing your posting makes me feel like Chrismas is so soon. It's soon right ??? haha..I am in the mood now !!!
I am with kbguy................well getting there anyway! I must start thinking about my christmas cards.
What beautiful decorations and accompanying writing.
well posted :)
Christmas time brings out beauty around the world. I love your decorations.
One of my traditions growing up was singing carols at the piano while my mom played. I turned the pages.
We hang our lives on traditions, JoAnn!
Beautiful photos and terrific post.
Bear((( )))
This is a very thoughtful and decorative post. I do like the creative way you blended those decorations.
And on behalf of the ABC team, thank you for your participation this week.
Post a Comment