© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Friday, January 23, 2009

SW- Portuguese Summer and DUTCH Winter SKY's

Watch more worldwide <-------and click on logo
And the BELOW photo of me was published on the skywatch-site!
_______________________________________________________________
"SUMMER AND WINTER-Sky"
*
Watch the opposite between:
A warm PORTUGUESE summer-sky or a cool DUTCH wintersky
PORTUGAL,
Above: a Portuguese SUMMERsky with a cool ICEcream .
WHY this shot?
I liked the contrast of the COOL icecream and the BLUE sky in the background.
And....I love to eat icecream ,
The YELLOW wall made the picture complete...
*
.... or HOLLAND
Above: A Dutch WINTERsky , REFLECTED in frozen water .
*
Our Bridge in Naarden is looking over the still Frozen ICE-canals.
On the photo you see a Frozen bridge bottom ,surrounded in frozen water , located under the bridge in village Naarden ,with a view on my house .Watch the one with the orange roof.
*
Thought for the weekend
Think of all the positive things in life and UNFROST in your weekend!
Be warm and stay 'cool' in mind.
Happy & Warm weekend-wishes from JoAnn's D Eyes
*
Thank you for your comments

29 comments:

Tom said...

I've just not seen ice like this since I was a small child... Love all your pictures Joann.. but boy they made me shiver. :O)

Tom
Tom's Sky Watch Pictures

david mcmahon said...

That's so different from our current (summer scenery)

Your photo on the SkyWatch home page today is such a great shot.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sequence of shots and I also loved the one on the Skywatch home page.

Jan said...

Great choices for Skywatch, except, now I'm shivering. Loved the one on the Skywatch home page, too.

Louise said...

CHILLY!!!! Nice post.

Guy D said...

Looks cold there as well, great shots.

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

Janie said...

The summer and winter contrasts are great. Beautiful sky in the first photo. I like your frosty title pic, too.

marie-louise said...

Great contrast between images, summer and winter, the only cold thing being the "icecream" in the first.

Smarties said...

i love the bold colors of the icecream pictures, it makes me lust for summer more than ever...

imac said...

Wonderful - both posts, fantastic shots.

Eve said...

Beautiful photos. Congratulations on being the feature at skywatch!

Marja said...

Ah give me Portugal although a bit of snow can be fun too

Linnea said...

I love both of your SW images. The ice cream seems to be echoed in the billowy clouds above. Stay warm and stay away from ice cream until the hot summer days come back. Hi from California.

Michelle said...

Beautiful images. I love the contrast in color and the different seasons. You can really feel the difference in weather with your pictures. Try to stay warm. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi ... nice picture. I like the clouds in the first picture. And the ice-cream, ha ha, like it too!

Anonymous said...

Even though they sound alike, there's a big difference in how much I like ice cream and ice in the water. :) Thanks for doing our guest intro today - and stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Both are great and what a contrast! Happy SWF to you!!

Jim said...

Thank you Jo'Ann! The first is sooooo pretty. I guessed Spain but didn't let it be known.
My sky is Florida on the way to the Caribbean.
Happy SkyWatching!
..

SandyCarlson said...

The difference between yellow and blue, really! Love your shots!

Lene said...

Yes, ofcouse, the different... But I can also see the lightness: There is ice in bort the pictures ;) And I think I prefere the ice cream - longing for the summer :) Great post :)

Lene said...

Hehe - the LIKENESS ;)) Have a nice day :)

PeterParis said...

So, you have it so near to the ice skating! Must have been tempting! (I guess it will now rapidly smelt.)

soulbrush said...

your photo is quite amazing almost unreal (the top one.) whew.

Anonymous said...

Well, JoAnn, you know me ... I'll stick to our cousy summer!

Jane Hards Photography said...

They are surreal.

GMG said...

Hi JoAnn! TGIF!! ;)
I would say that your Portuguese Summer Sky looks a bit too winterly for our Portuguese standards... ;))

Blogtrotter, still posting on Delhi, waits for you! Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

THANKS SKYWATCH TEAM!
for selecting my top photo at : www.skyley.blogspot.com.
here some reactions out of 90, from 325 participants,
_____

Mojo said...
Awesome shade of blue here! And a challenging lighting situation too with the shadow under the arch.

Nicely done!
January 22, 2009 2:31 PM
--------------
david mcmahon said...
That is such an arresting shot.
January 22, 2009 2:31 PM
---------------
Dewdrop said...
Jo'Ann, Love the perspective and the clarity on your shot. Magnificent swelling cumulus. The ice cream cone is so FUN!

Thanks, SWF team!
January 22, 2009 2:31 PM
--------------------
Tink *~*~* said...
I love this peek through the archway - everything is so colorful, and what a wonderful blue sky :o) Love it, love it, love it!

My Mobile Adventures *~*~* presents - Twin Reflections In The Sky

Tink *~*~*
January 22, 2009 2:55 PM
-------------------
Mike said...
What a gorgeous, candy-colored vignette! Beautiful.
January 22, 2009 3:05 PM
-------------------
fishing guy said...
Joann: What a cute capture of a neat sky.
January 22, 2009 3:14 PM
------------------
Gunilla said...
That was a very colorful shot.
January 22, 2009 3:14 PM
------------------
Pagan Sphinx said...
Jo'Anne's photo is wonderful! Happy Sky Watch everyone.

We in the U.S.A. are feeling a huge surge of pride and purpose right now. I hope this public sentiment lasts.

Peace to all,
------------------

THANKS TO ALL 325 PARTICIPANTS of skywatch, thank you for all your compliments in your reaction!!!

Greetings JoAnn's D Eyes
(author of this blog)

THANK YOU skywatchers

Reader Wil said...

Ik vind beide foto's mooi, maar voel me het meeste thuis bij de Nederlandse foto op het ogenblik! Bedankt voor je aardige comment. Er zitten alleen maar aardige mensen bij blogspot!! Toch??

Neva said...

Either or.....cool.....we are up to our knees in the snow and it is freezing here.....but I love the landscape of snow shots regardless of how cold it is!