WELCOME on JoAnns World
<--click to see/join other worlds
Sorry because my internet provider ( and also my PC) is OUT of order I cannot read nor react on your comments , I maybe can next week!!
________________________________________________________________
A Great Guy and his Art
...The GREATNESS of Worldwide ART...
Therefore ART is also, YOUR & MY WORLD....
*
Maybe you are wondering ....
Why I write about an ARTsale in Paris?
Why? ....
Because in This article I write about the ART ,
Art is an international Georgious Greatness,
ART can be seen all over the world,
Thats why...
***
*
Art is everywhere:
In PHOTOGRAPHY , Sculptures/Statues, Paintings , Designs, Fournitures, Nature, and there is more and other kinds of art....
ART is showing us the HISTORYof life.
I show you this week a great GEORGIOUS selection of ART ,
partly Because of my high interest in all kinds of ART and esspecially paintings, statues and more.
Great georgious ART wich has been sold last week in Paris,
and I am happy to share this here with you .
Please click for a GEORGIOUS slideshow here-----> (http://www.nrc.nl/redactie/foto/ysl2/soundslider.swf)
***

Above: Cristies is selling the artworks of Yves Saint Laurent and his Partner Pierre Berge, (Foto Christie's)
*
From a Great Guy and his most georgious ART-collection ever,
From the in 2008 -passed away-famous fashion-designer Yves Saint Laurent has been sold this week in PARIS ; He wanted to sell their collected Art-collection only in PARIS
....
Sale of a Grand art collection a small historical background
In February 2009, an auction of 733 items was held by Christies at the Grand Palais, ranging from paintings by Picasso to ancient Egyptian sculptures. Saint Laurent and Bergé began collecting art in the 1950's, with Bergé commenting that the decision to sell the collection was taken because without Saint Laurent "it has lost the greater part of its significance," with the proceeds proposed to being used to create a new foundation for AIDS research.On the first day of the sale, Henri Matisse's work Cuckoos on a blue and pink carpet broke the previous world record set in 2007 for a Matisse work, selling for 32m Euros. Auctioneers said the collection could fetch up to 300m euros (£260m). (source wikipedia)
In February 2009, an auction of 733 items was held by Christies at the Grand Palais, ranging from paintings by Picasso to ancient Egyptian sculptures. Saint Laurent and Bergé began collecting art in the 1950's, with Bergé commenting that the decision to sell the collection was taken because without Saint Laurent "it has lost the greater part of its significance," with the proceeds proposed to being used to create a new foundation for AIDS research.On the first day of the sale, Henri Matisse's work Cuckoos on a blue and pink carpet broke the previous world record set in 2007 for a Matisse work, selling for 32m Euros. Auctioneers said the collection could fetch up to 300m euros (£260m). (source wikipedia)
....
Yves's partner 'Pierre Bergé' an 78-jarige Frenchman ,
said the he was after the first SALE on (last weeks) Tuesday-evening „deeply tatched and very happy” by the result. Millions of Euro's was payed for the works from : 'Matisse', 'Mondriaan' and 'Brancusi' , but the 'Picasso' s" Instruments de musique sur un guéridon " worth the sum of a 25 million Euro's ,was sadly not sold. Who is interested? Musea's and Galleries.. Not us, we privat people , we do not have that enormous sums of money... not ever in a million years.
So we can ADMIRE this GREAT ART-works in musea's all over the world.
Above: The Musee d'Orsay with Selling the Artworks of : "Yves and Pierre",In Action (Foto Christie's)
*
The Musee d’Orsay in Paris bought a " Vuillard"and a "Ensor"
Crisis or not, the almost complete Art-collection of more than 700 famous works has been sold last week by Cristies. The POSITIVE fact IS that most of the upbrought money will be used for medical investigation against the illness Aids ,and thats the GREAT part of this historical sold ART.( found detaills in www.nrcnext.nl)
*
Above: Leather Brown CHAIR ,Design from 1917 by "Eileen Gray"Solded for 22 Million Euro (Foto Christie's)
*
Above":worldwide Starry sky (http://www.joannwalraven.com/)
*
Enjoy with me all GREAT ART-works,
I love to look at ARTS where-ever in the world
and esspecially in the above named Musea's in Paris .
*
Creative weekwishes,
(sorry for not having internet this week therefore I cannot react)
Greetings By "JoAnn's D Eyes"
THANK YOU for your comments






15 comments:
I love art. My husband and lose our heads a bit at art sales. Great post.
How can one man (OK two) amass so much art? The total was 374 million Euros.
very nice art.. I loved seeing the Musee d'Orsay when I was in Paris
Hoi
Ik heb niet of nauwelijks verstand van kunst. Zie vaak niet waarom iets zo 'absurd' duur moet zijn.
Maar ja, als je iets mooi vind en het graag wilt hebben....
Liefs
Denk heel veel aan je, sterkte.
Marijke
The only news of the auction of YSL in China and Taiwan, or more broadly the Chinese community worldwide is concerning the two bronze heads of mouse and rabbit. They were taken from the Palace in Beijing during the opium war in late 19th century. By themselves, they do not have great artistic value, but they have a lot of sentimental value for the Chinese people. It would be a simple gesture of good will for Pierre Berge to donate them back to the Chinese people to avoid this international incident. I could understand that Western Museums have resisted the idea of returning the artifacts in their collection to their native countries. In many instances, their efforts in preservation, research and exhibition for these treasures have made great contribution to mankind. But I do not agree with the arrogance and excuse of Pierre Berge of holding of these two artifacts in the private collection, and I certain do not believe his excuse of needing particularly the proceeds from these two items for his AIDS foundation.
SOORY, and thanks
Sorry blogreaders
I cannot give comments ( I do now in a libary there is an internet provider) Because my provider forinterent is outof order, this maybe will take a week untillnext week! I have seen some reactions and I thnak you for that!!!
JoAnn (blogauthor)
I guess you like Art, lol.
Me too, ive always been interested in photography, but since I DW and I got together 8yrs ago, Ive come to enjoy a lot of art, as DW is an artist and spreading her knowlage with sewing and textiles along with her painting.
Very interesting. A great collection being dispersed and the proceeds going to a worthy cause.
A very interesting post, JoAnn. Yes, art is GGGGreat.
Thanks for your post about two very great French men.
And forgive us for our cultureless president.
Kunst is op zichzelf prachtig en ik kan er ook erg van genieten, maar als ik kijk naar die veilingen...., dan bekruipt mij het gevoel dat Kunst een vorm van beleggen is geworden om kapitaal veilig te stellen. Kunstverzamelaars lijken net bankiers en die hebben tegenwoordig niet zo'n beste naam. Kunst hoort toegankelijk te zijn voor een groot publiek en in Musea te worden ondergebracht. Of heb ik nu een rare kunstkijk op de wereld? :-)
A great post! I love art and the Internet allows me to see so much that I would never see in real time. Wonderful...
Yes, they sold for 374 million euros! The Picasso remained unsold! The Chinese statues were bought by a Chinese who now refuses to pay, want them for nothing. Bergé says that he will GIVE them for free to China if China guarantees freedom of expression. The statues are still at Christies and may remain there for some time!
Thank you for your comments!
As said before we have an internet disturbing , so I cannot go on the internet. Maybe the problem is solved next week who knows.
Untill than excuse me please for not reacting, nor answering your Q's here but I can read your comments in a library (internetcafe) Thanks
JoAnn (blogauthor)
How do you put a price on art?
Nice post.
Good luck with the internet connection.
Post a Comment