© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Friday, October 16, 2009

Holland: Behind the dunes... A Marvellous Dutch Island , The beach and more

Mondays I join on Tuesday Thursday I join
_________________________________________________
Marvellous (or marvelous?) HOLLAND!
A Dutch impression of an Island by the sea : My "Vlieland"


Above: A Dutch house in village I love: "Vlieland",
Watch this fantastic and dramatic looking sky !
Seen on this beautifull small island in Holland.


Above: Behind the Dune-grass ; The lovely Sea and Beach


Above: On the beach... some handy knifes?
This kinds have eatable seafood inside,
Do you like seafood?


Above: On the beach,
left: a sea-animal ... watch it! they bite you&me!!
Middle: the sea-knifes again...
Right: Some seagrass, fresh out of the sea...

Right: Try to make a tasty sea-salade from the above seaplant...
with enough minerals for everyone..


Above: Here the biting-sea-animal again, (indutch its named "kwal")
we do not like to feel/meet them,
they look like pudding-Yelly-like.


Above: This Beach is made for walking,
and that is what we do.... ( do you know that song?)
The beach is good for Tour-driving ...
...good for listening to the waves,
...good for walking in the rain,
...feel the wind on your skin,
...smell the salty sea,
looking at the waves, and enjoy!
***
**
*
Because of the above MARVELLOUS lovely SEA-impressions...
Therefore I personally like MY HOLLAND,
I love the changing of weather, the dark clouds, the sea, the wind,
even the small island-village "Vlieland".
I hope you enjoy watching this Dutch photo's as much as we did!
*
**
***
Enjoy your day-week/end-,
Enjoy the rainy/windy (autumn) weather,
Greetings from JoAnn/Holland
Thank you for your comments!

24 comments:

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thank you for visiting this blog,

last week we visited the typiacl DUTCH island VLIELAND, a small island in the North of HOLLAND.

Just enjoy watching the photo's, thank your for your comments.

Greetings JoAnn/Holland (blogauthor)

Sylvia K said...

Fun and interesting shots of your beach world -- looks a lot like mine!

Have a great week!

Sylvia

eileeninmd said...

I did enjoy your lovely photos of the beach and scenery. It is a gorgeous place.

Jim said...

Greta shots. Thanks for showing us your world.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Eve said...

What a fun group of photos!! That blue sea creature is so pretty - glad you added the warning about their bite! ;)

Trudy said...

. kwal [n] (jellyfish, medusa, medusan) any of numerous usually marine and free-swimming coelenterates that constitute the sexually reproductive forms of hydrozoans and scyphozoans.

Thought you might like to know, hahaha!
Truus

Amrita said...

Love the cute house on the island, its really unique to Holland. And your charming beach phots are so appealing. The sea creature looks so funny buried in the sand. It has a shell it seems.

I don 't go in for sea food much.

Anonymous said...

very beautiful photos. and specially the first one. so peacefully

Arija said...

Here we call your kwal jellyfish.
That is the first time I have ever seen the knife shells except for the Adriatic coast.
I like your post very much.

Linda Jacobs said...

I would love to live there! Gorgeous photos!

photowannabe said...

I love the beach too. This looks like a wonderful place to find all sorts of treasures in the sand.
Have a wonderful weekend from rainy, windy California.

Tumblewords: said...

Beautiful beach - love the sand, seaweed and all - beaches are magical!

Joy said...

I love beaches of all kinds and yours is wonderful. I like your name of Sea Knife, we call them Razor Shells in the UK.

Roger Owen Green said...

It feels like late autumn in Albany, NY.

Anyway, nice pictures.

Bradley Hsi said...

I imagining that the water must be cold by now, not fit foe swimming, but nice for beach walking. The knifes should be the razor clams, they are so delicious. This pair must be washed up by the tide, because they are usually standing up half burry under the sand. I saw them once in nature on Cape Cod, but normally in a plate in the Chinese restaurant.

Reader Wil said...

Hi JoAnn! Beautiful photos! The colour of the jellyfish is beautiful. I hope to go to Vlieland one day too!Thanks for sharing.

Huzhar said...

Very nice post. i love your your photos and your explanation..
Yes, I love seafood..
Have a nice day..

Weblog Popular 1Malaysia

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thank you blogfriends for your comments, I am wishing you and a happy skywatch!

Enjoying every weathertype is making me hapy too, a healthy and relaxing weekend

Greetings from JoAnn/(blogauthor)

Eric said...

Heey hallo,

Leuke Vlielandfoto's, doet me terugdenken aan een aantal jaar terug toen ik daar ook was!!

Fijne SWF.

Eric

mj said...

I'm totally convinced that I want to see The Netherlands in person...your photos are wonderful. They give the viewer a feel for the country. Thanks for sharing and have a nice weekend.

Erin said...

lovely beach...nothing better than to walk along and take in the fresh sea air and listen to the waves hit the shore. the jelly fish was a pretty blue color.
have a wonderful weekend.

GMG said...

Hi JoAnn, here I am after another absence, much longer than I wished; but it seems yours has been much more extensive than mine... ;)
Beware of the jellyfish; the worst are the Portuguese Man o' War... ;))

Blogtrotter is still travelling in Turkey and waiting for you there... Enjoy and have a great weekend!

AphotoAday said...

What a place...

marcia@joyismygoal said...

with that beauty you wouldn't need to _i esp like the sand shots