You san join us- and signup this evening at 20.30 pm, or watch other sky´s
_________________________________________________
'
Its Finally WINTER in HOLLAND


Above left- This morning our frontdoor lane, we could hardly see the road, because of the fog
Above right -Its sure winter in HOLLAND with beautiful sunny, brights, blue sky´s,
some trees did not loose their leaves
Above Left- cars are driving slowly to their work in the early morning rushhour
Above Right-The emphy field because the cows are in the cold winter indoors.
It was this morning foggy & the snow was melting, watch it!
Its very very slippery on the road ....
Above left: with a Dutch windmill and a boat in frozen water, he will not go far today...
Above right: The sun is shining on the yellow grass....
The frozen water is like a morror...
Yes! Its possible! After 12 years we can skate on ice...!!
Legs are going..........
and the SKY reflected in ICE
=
Historical LOW TEMPERATURE
in the South of Holland went down with 21/25 degrees celsius UNDER zero! That is spectacularly LOW! The temperature has not been this low for 12 years...More than 6000 people are expected to skate an ICE marathon today, to practise for this weekend´s SKATE-marathon- , we also call a `special know Dutch tour` the 11 town skate tour. While skating you are passing 11 towns-villages. Holland is welknown by its many canals wich is connecting the town by water. The fanatic skaters have been waiting so long for this absolutely great in icefuntour, the skaters are leaving early in the morning 7 am and they are sjating all day long, and they are hoping to reach the finish! We are wishing them GOOD LUCK.
*
*
I´ll better stick on the Frozen canals nearby my village , maybe I will skate half an hour ,than I´ll go back home for a hot chocolatemilk or a warm soup with a toast. And a good warmingup for an open wood fire. That sounds much better to me....
How about you?
Are you an fanatic skater?
When did you skate for the last time?
*
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS
HAPPY WEEKEND
*
_______________________________________
-
"click on above images to enlarge""
NOTE-FRIDAY from JoAnn- SORRY, for not refreshed my blog as often as normally esspecially last week -days, there are some important family matters. My mother is hospitallised and she is having an open heartsurgery tomorrow/FRIDAY(Aorta) we have been busy with visiting and arranging things for her, we are all the time thinking of her, its a very exiting time for all of the familymembers. I hope you will excuse me for not visiting your blogs as often as I do normally, the coming time. Thanks for your understanding.
Update SUNDAY-MONDAY:
For the people interested in my mom's recovery, the heartsurgery went well, after 2 days of intensive care, she moved to the normal hospitalrooms, lets all hope for a speedy recovery, THANKYOU for your support and interest, your support was heartwarming and unforgettable.


.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)




33 comments:
JoAnn my best wishes for your mothers open heart surgery tomorrow.I'm sure everything will go well. I know how you are feeling at the moment, although my husband's heart surgery has been postponed. It is so interesting here, though I know at the moment you have much on your mind. Your photography is wonderful.
Thank you Pam,
I saw your blog and I am hoping that your husbands heartoperation will be sheduled soon, good weekend:)
JoAnn
Pray all goes well with your Mom 's surgery JoAnn.
Wishing your mom a speedy recovery.
My Dad had open heart surgery and he did very well after that.
Don 't worry all will be well.
I love your skating photos.And the new header photo is fantastic. You are a real artist.
So sorry to hear about your mom's open-heart surgery, JoAnn. I pray for peace to you all.
I am very aware of the excitement THIS year of skating on your canals after so many years. One year I want to experience that for myself!
Great photo's! The ice skating looks fun!! Prayers are with you and your family as your mom goes though her surgery!!
Take care
JoAnn I wish all the best for your mothers open heart surgery tomorrow.Good luck!But I am sure everything will be good!
Nice pictures!Here is it very cold too!I love Holland and we visit every year in october Noord-Holland!
Groetjes,Steffi
You know how to explore an display the Dutch einter - a real pleasure to see the frozen canals and the wind-mills.
Have fun skating!
Love the pictures. the windmill with the skaters and the frozen boat is great.
An Arkie's Musings
The best to your mom on her surgery.
I love the bluish atmosphere you have.
I am also wishing your mother well and will be thinking of her and wishing her a speedy recovery from her heart operation. Lovely photos here.
Great shots, me skate, you gotta be joking lol, on my backside maybe,haha.
JoAnn, Super captures of Holland! I love the windmills and I really like the up shot of the tree with the red leaves hanging on.
I played hockey as a kid and love ice skating. It sure looks like fun skating down the street or on the canals.
All the best to your Mom for her surgery.
It is many many years since I went ice skating! I loved it so much! But in Sydney (NSW Australia) there were few ice skating rinks and I had to travel quite a long way for my passion!
Love your photos so much and especially love the bluish hue in them!
Best wishes for your time supporting your Mum's surgery!
Great skywatch shots, and I must say your header photo is outstanding to say the least. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers and Happy New Year!
Regina In Pictures
You present your country very well, I love the canal shots and have always wanted to skate on one.. a bit late now. Joanne, I have had 3 open heart surgeries to replace valves. They are safer than having your appendix out because they take very much more care. All the best for your mother!
Thoughts with you and your family at this time. I have skated indoors but now on a lake. Always wanted to do this.
Thank you:
* Amrita, thanks for the recovery wishes we all need some strenght.
* Ginnie. Don't feel sorry its for the best, wish you could share our skate fun,WHEN are you coming to Amsterdam again?
*Sara , Skating IS fun but also its so HARD when you fall haha
* Steffi, Tomorrow evening we are sure, Yes its VERY COLD , you should come in january to see the ice...:)
* RuneE, Its very like a painting I am also very pleased with the frozen canals, its fun!
* Richies, hahah the frozen boat I hope it will not burst...
Photo catch, Thanks and Yes winter is fantastic it pretty this nature I agree,
* Denise, Thanks for halthwishes thanks for the compliments,
* Imac, haha ye swe are joking that good for our health right? YOU CAN DO IT , I believe you can...
* Larry, Yeh the mills arte loively from theirselfs , ooow hockey is tuff, did you do that on ice?
* Greyscale, Yeh Australia is not the place where ice is 'normal' but at least you got the 'feeling ' once?
* Guy, The header with trees, is made a footstep nearby our house, therefore I love where I live...
* Arija, thanks for naming your 3 surgeries I REALLY NEED TO HEAR THAT, thanks for the healthwishes for my mother,
Thanks all of the above blogvisiters and other people, I am very curious if and (so YES) when you have been skating and where, its very nice to do....
Happy weekend wishes
happy Skywatch
JoAnn's D Eyes / HOLLAND
JoAnn, best wishes for your mother. Thanks for taking time to share photos with us and tell us about the cold weather and skating.
We like the mood of the empty field photo. Good luck to your mother
They are all wonderful photos. I love the wind mills.
Have a great week
Grammy
Missouri, USA
Gorgeous photos! Best wishes for your mother!
Here too the snow has gone and given way to freezing fog.
Skating on frozen lakes and canals is not good - here there have been many cases of people falling through the ice and the general advice is DO NOT DO IT.
best wishes to your mother.
To takke good care of your mother is certainly the most important now!
Nice to again - at last, with the warmer winters - to see the skating on the Dutch canals, like on the old Dutch paintings!
Praying all goes well with your Mother's surgery. The photos are lovely, I sepecially like the ice skating one (and your music choice).
Hey Joann
Nou zo was het hier niet hoor, mooie foto's.
Hello JoAnn
I don't skatew but boy that looks fun... the sky shot are stunning also...
Tom :O)
I found you through Peter's blog. I love your beautiful pictures. I can't imagine being able to ice skate on the ponds. It doesn't stay cold long enough here. Today is is 65 degrees and tomorrow the high is 30. I look forward to seeing more pics. I haven't been ice skating in years. :)
Hi JoAnn,
Your photos are beautiful, I like them all. I love the snow scene and trees that you use for your header. Nice talking to you earlier today and by the way, We hope your mom makes a speedy recovery, Love You, Theo, Canada
Hi JoAnn! Hope everything is fine with your mother!
Thanks for your comments at Blogtrotter, now with new posts on Delhi! Enjoy and have a great weekend!
Hoi JoAnn,
Ook op je blog wens ik je sterkte....
Ik begrijp dat je geen tijd hebt voor een reactie op mijn mailtje, noch een reactie op mijn smsje. Ik kan alleen maar wensen dat alles oké is.
liefs en hou je haaks
Marijke
Terrific pictures of the trees and frozen lake JoAnn. Climate is playing havoc all over the world. Its all so confusing.
Hope your mom is recovering fast.
Thank you all of you!!!
THANK YOU for your comments,
My mom is doing much better since the surgery is positive, Thanks for the support, she is slowly recovering.
The ice went on and we could skate this weekend , watch my post on MONDAY.
Happy weekwishes
JoAnn's D Eyes
I am so glad all is well...I have been so busy and haven't visited many blogs....I am sorry I have missed all this! Love your story about the weather and the ice skating....that is amazing..I would have thought that ice comes every year to Holland...love the windmills...... awesome.
Post a Comment